A New Car, Hopefully

I sit there in the middle of class, twiddling with my thumbs as I listen to peoples boring presentations. But as much as I despise this class, I'm going to have to deal with it.

Why, might you ask?

Because me and my brother Sam are going to be getting our first car

Hopefully

And yes, you hear me right. Car, not plural, singular. Which means we are going to have to share it.

But now, all I can do is wait and pray to any and every god out there that my beloved brother doesn't fuck up our presentation.

"Okay, next up is Sam Witwicky..........."

Speak of the devil

I look to my right, watching Sam scramble out of his seat, heading to the front of the class. I continue to watch in disdain as he drops some of our grandfathers stuff upon the podium, hopefully not breaking anything.

"Heh, sorry, I got a lot of stuff" small snickers could be heard around the classroom, slowly extinguishing my dreams of getting that car. "For my Family-" . before he could finish, A rubber band was thrown at my brother hitting him right between his eyes. Instantly, I glare at Trent, one of Sams many bullies. The class burst out in all sorts of mocking laughter, whispering among themselves.

"Who did...Who did that? People! Responsibility!" our teacher called, slamming his ruler on a students desk

"So, for my family genealogy report, I decided to do it on our great-great-grandfather, who was a famous man, Captain Archibald Witwicky. Very famous explorer. In fact, He was one of the first to explore the Arctic Circle, which is a big deal. In 1897, he took 41 brave sailors straight into the Arctic Shelf."

Sam goes to grab some of our Grandfathers tools, fumbling with them slightly

"And here is the quadrant, which you can get for 80 bucks"

He did not just-

Its all for sale, by the way

I'm Going to Kill him

I put my head in my hands, shaking it slightly in exasperation

"Like the sextant here. $50 for this, which is a bargain. And these-"

He raises another one of our family's artifacts, Archibalds glasses

"These are pretty cool. These are my grandfathers glasses. I haven't quite gotten them appraised yet, but they've seen many cool things"

"What, are you going to sell me his liver. Mr. Witwicky, this isn't show and sell. Its the 11th grade. I don't think your grandfather would be particularly proud of what your doing." Our teacher raises his eyebrows slightly, a distasteful look on his face

"I know. I'm sorry. I just, you know, this is all going towards my car fund." Sam turns his attention back to the class "You can tell your folks. Its on eBay. I take PayPal. Cold hard cash works, too"

"Sam!" I call

"Sorry! Anyways, Unfortunately my great-great-grandfather, the genius that he was, wound up going blind and crazy in a psych ward, drawing these strange symbols and babbling on about some giant ice man that he thought he'd discovered-" Before he could finish the bell ring, causing all of the students to pack up and make their leave.

"Okay. Might be a pop quiz tomorrow. Might not. Sleep in fear tonight! our teacher yelled, pointing at a few students as they leave"

"Here, you want? Here, 50. 40? 30?"