Epilogue

(y/n)...

mmhm

(y/n), It Is Time To Wake Up

...

(y/n)!

"What?!" I groan, sitting up slightly as I rub at my eyes. "Sam, I swear to every god above you better have a god fucking reason for waking me up-"

I stopped half way through my sentence, confusion overtaking my mind as I look around in a slight panic. Instead of being met with the poster covered walls of my bedroom, my vision is filled with the blinding white that the walls were painted in. "The Hell...?"

The room that I was in smelled faintly of cleaning products, almost like you took a big whiff of a freshly bleached room. The walls were painted an overly bright white, matched with sky blue tile making up the ground. To my Right was a big window, decorated with matching blue curtains. It was almost like I was in a...Hospital room.

"Well shit." I cursed lightly, finally registering my surroundings.

I was indeed in a hospital room, the insufferable beeping of the other patients heart monitors causing a ringing in my ears. An IV drip was also connected to my right arm, but nothing was coming out of it; probably supposed to be providing me the nutrients that I missed while sleeping.

Sleeping...

Sleeping

Sleeping!

"Oh please don't tell me that was all but a dream!" I screamed in frustration, growling as I put my head in my hands. This seemed to gain the attention of a nurse, the female running into the room looking alarmed. Once she noticed I was awake, the nurse called for a doctor before running to the side of my bed, checking the IV drip and heart monitor. "Ms. Witwicky, can you hear me?"

"Yeah, loud and clear." I groan, the sound of her voice practically echoing in my ear.

Not even seconds later a series of other doctors and nurses filled my room, all surrounding my bed as they check me over. Some nurses were scribbling away on some notepads while others were looking at me in astonishment.

Okay, this is seriously starting to freak me out.

"Will someone please tell me what's going on!" I shouted, finally having enough of all the poking and prodding at my skin.

Everyone in the room stopped what they were doing, looking amongst themselves at a loss for words. Finally a doctor stepped forward, coughing awkwardly. "Ms. Witwicky, you were...um-"

"Well, spit it out." I give the man a pointed look, furrowing my eyebrows.

He lets out a sigh. "Ms. Witwicky, you were pronounced dead yesterday afternoon at about 1:30pm."

Pronounced dead?!

"What do you mean pronounced dead?!"

The doctor raises his hands in defense, gesturing for me to calm down. "You were brought to this hospital about a month ago in critical condition. We were able to stop most of the bleeding and stabilize your system in a way it could start recovering by itself, but you slipped into a comatose like state by the end of the surgery." he started. "You continued to be in this state through the course of 4 weeks, but yesterday your heart gave out and you flatlined. We tried everything but your heart just couldn't keep itself going. You were pronounced dead after 10 and a half minutes of trying to revive your heart."

I sat back against the headboard of my hospital bed, my eyes wide and mouth agape.

I was shocked to say the least.