The Only One That's White

You would expect your 18th birthday to be fun and enthusiastic. Well, mine's not.

In some aspects I guess you could say that it's exciting, but i don't like change, and really, that's all it is for me. Once a werewolf turns 18, they have to move into or near their pack house in hopes of finding a mate. A mate means you lose all your freedom. They are your main priority. I mean, I'll love my mate unconditionally and treat them how they deserve to be treated, but I'm 18. You shift when you're 18, too. Even more of a reason to crave freedom, to explore.

I sighed, my mind jumbled in thoughts and 'what ifs'. I grabbed my last bag and sat it in the car, texting my best friend, Jessica, to let her know that we are leaving soon. Her and I share the same birthday. February 25th. Her family and mine are meeting at the pack house at five for a dinner with the Alpha and pack. We didn't bring mush, seeing as all the furniture would already be there. Therefore we put the majority of our stuff in storage.

The ride there two hours, so therefore I had slept the whole way. When I woke up, I squinted to see the house. It was huge! My eyes widened with excitement as the car came to a stop. Jessica and her family had already arrived, they've already brought their stuff inside. I slid out of the car, sliding my bag on my shoulder and grabbing a box of mine before walking inside, my parents following after. The inside had the same theme as the outside, which was old fashioned. The Beta, Jimmy, and his wife Gretchen were sitting on the couch waiting as we walked in. "Welcome! It's nice to meet you, but I'm sorry that we don't have time to chat. Dinner starts in thirty minutes, and my beautiful mate will show you your room while I let Alpha Jonathan know that you're here." Jimmy smiles. We nodded, following Gretchan.

My parents room came first. It was in neutral colors, a king sized bed, and I'll be honest, I didn't care to examine it.

Mine was a red one with a queen sized bed. A desk, lamp stand, small bookshelf, walk-in-closet, and my own bathroom. "Holy shit". I mutter under my breath, and set my stuff down. A couple minutes later I grab my phone and head back down stairs for the meeting.

I immediately spotted Jessica and her brother, Casey. I rush over to them, tackling them in a hug. Casey laughed, squishing me. He's been basically my brother for twelve years. We found a few seats in the crowded area, food already on our plates.

The room got silent as the one of the doors opened. I fiddled with my thumbs as I waited, my whole body freezing as the person walked in. Who I'm assuming is our Alpha walked, standing tall at about 6'5, his eyes automatically finding mine. His whole body became tense as realisation came over him.

My eyes shaded darker as my wolf howled. 'Mate', she roared. I fought her for control until I fully won. He watched mr intently, slowly sitting down at the end of the table.

'Mine!' Alpha Jonathan mind linked me, his eyes hooded with an emotion that I couldn't put my finger on. My whole body got chills at the rough sound of his voice, not once looking away from him.

"Thank you all for coming, as some of you know we have a couple new pack members, please stand and introduce yourselves.". Beta Jimmy states, glancing at us. My parents stand up and so do I.

"I'm Trey and this is my mate, Kayla. This is our daughter, Megan. Our other daughter, Goldie, was unable to attend this evening. She's living with her mate."

"I'm Lorrie and this is my mate Mike. This is our son Casey and my daughter Jessica." Jess' mum says.

"I'm Alpha Johnathan, as all of you know". He nodded, explaining the priorities of the pack in depth.

Dinner ended, I quickly rushes out of the dinning room, ignoring the deep growl that emitted from his throat.

I went into my room, quickly slamming the door before walking over to my connected bathroom. I threw water on my face before patting it down with a big fluffy towel. I stared at my reflection, my eyes were brighter than their normal light blue and gold.

I walked out of the bathroom, changing into a pair of leggings and a sweater. I didn't bother putting shoes on. I started to walk to the boxes I had brought up to start unpacking, but my bones began cracking. A muffles scream escaped my mouth as Alpha Jonathan came sprinting in, scooping my into his arms before running down stairs and then outside. He jogged into the forest, my bones cracking and popping, moving out of shape as he did so. I whimpered as he kissed my forehead lovingly, holding me while I shifted. My body stopped shaking and I opened my eyes. my eyes connected immediately with Jonathan's, his wide with love and adoration. He stroked my nuzzle with his hand, "Your fur, i-it's white, angel." He whispered.

I gave him a wolfy grin, sprinting in wolf form, laughing loudly. It probably came out stupid sounding, as it caused Jonathan to laugh. I looked back as he shifted into a larger black wolf, chasing my around for awhile. That's how my first night with him ended. We stayed out a bit longer before racing back to the house. We didn't change until we were in the safety of our own rooms, and after we changed we didn't come out to see each other.

I crawled into my bed, snuggling with a fluffy pillow before closing my eyes. I couldn't sleep, so I laid there and simply thought. Of what? Simply a little bit of everything.