𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒪𝓃𝑒 ~ 𝒮𝒶𝒹 𝐻𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓈

Upstairs...

     Alastor eventually came to Charlies door, the first thing he heard was muffled crying on the other side. 'Should I go in? Maybe she needs more time...'

     Alastor pondered his choices. This was all new to him, having to worry about someone else rather than himself. But he knew he couldn't just leave her in there.

So, he gently knocked on the door, trying his best not to scare her. "Charlie dear, it's Alastor. May I come in?" He attempted to sound polite, if it were anyone else he would have simply barged through the door.

     It was silent for a good 20 seconds. Charlie was sitting on her bed, facing the the city through her balcony doors, admiring the view to take her mind off of things.

She didn't know what to say. Part of her wanted to teach him a lesson, for messing with her family like that. Yet the other part of her missed him. Even though what Lia said was frightening, Charlie still loved Alastor. "Come in."

     Alastor slowly walked through the door and shut it quietly, locked it, then walked over to Charlie. She didn't even bother to look at him.

Alastor noticed her makeup, she looked miserable. Black mascara bled down her face, her lipstick was smeared, and her eyes were red from crying. He couldn't blame her, she was embarrassed in front of so many people. And it was his fault.

     He carefully sat down next to her, and placed a hand next to hers. Charlie felt herself holding back tears already, she didn't want to be mad at him. He was only trying to protect her, after all.

     Alastor was questioning himself. He hated the idea of affection, and yet she pulled him into her trap. When he arrived at the hotel, he had no intentions of pursuing Ms. Magne. All he wanted was to watch her and her family suffer. But now, he couldn't even stand the idea of it. It made him sick. He felt awful for having those thoughts in the first place.

     But what would happen now? Would he regret falling into love? No, he wouldn't. Right? Alastor felt himself doubting everything leading up to this point. Never in a million years had he thought he'd be acquainted to the princess of Hell, AND trying to comfort her. He felt selfish for feeling this way. However he couldn't help it.

     When they were together that night, the night when Charlie confessed her feelings to him, Alastor felt nothing but pure happiness. It felt as if he had everything he could ever want. He had even thought about the mental challenges he would have to go through while being with Charlie, whether it was her family, friends, or the entirety of Hell not approving of their relationship, he didn't care. Alastor loved Charlie, and that was final.

     He couldn't leave now. Everything they'd gone through, for nothing?

     Suddenly he felt a small tug at his sleeve. "Al... why aren't you smiling?" Oh no. 'Damn it... Must have gotten lost in thought' Alastor mentally scolded himself. No one had seen him without him smile before! It was his pride and joy, the one thing that shielded everything else going on inside his head. Not even Charlie had seen him without it.

Charlie didn't know what to do. Did she shove him? Did she run out before he killed her? The princess was running through everything that could happen. 'What if he kills me? What if he erases my mind for seeing that?! Oh no...' She felt foolish for thinking those things, but one couldn't help it when it came to a such powerful entity like Alastor.

     Tears formed at the edge of her eyes. Charlie felt bad for him in a way, he had finally let his guard down. Not that she would tell anybody, of course.

Instead of killing her or erasing her mind, Alastor simply let out a small chuckle. He reformed a small smile on his face, and turned toward Charlie with half lidded eyes. She felt her heart skip a beat. Between the red light glowing on his face from outside, those eyes, or the way his hair was ruffled
, she couldn't help it.

     "I'm sorry," Alastor said with a sigh. He felt as if a weight had finally been lifted of his shoulders.

     Charlie didn't answer. She just stared at him. They were both still sitting on the bed, facing each other. All she wanted to do was throw herself onto him, hold onto him tight, and never let go. But was that the best thing to do right now? There wasn't much else she knew to do, she was never good dealing with situations like this. To be fair, she had never been in one.

      Charlie had to do it. She lunged over to Alastor and threw her arms around his neck.

      Alastor was shocked at Charlie's behaviour. He expected her to just talk about it, as he figured she was pretty upset. Nope.

Out of pure surprise, he threw his hands up in the air, clearing way for Charlie to latch onto him. And as soon as she hugged him, everything felt normal again. His doubts were gone, all those worries had faded away. Alastor wrapped his arms around Charlie's torso and pulled her into his chest, hugging her as tight as he could.

Word Count: 904
Art Creds: Vivziepop, al.5304.mu

(Hello! It's been a while, sorry about that. I finally got done with school for the year and I've been super busy. Hope some of you guys are still here!)