Missing

Nate

I knew the moment she told me how far he'd gone. I had made a decision right then and there and I wouldn't stop until it happened.

Ares didn't agree with the idea. He said it was dangerous and that his father will be furious after and he will try to go after me.

I didn't care. All I cared about was her and not putting anyone else in danger. Having Ares and the rest of the gang help me was already enough risking. If something happened to any of us that had to be me.

I'd already managed to sneak in Ares and Vincent. I took care of Johnny and Leo had hacked into the cameras.

I had made a mental checklist and I was checking if everything was going right.

Our men were hiding outside and we would attack right before the auction part. Ares had also talked with other gangs and they had sent some backup.

"Nate" Cole called out walking towards me with another man. "This is Blake Luther" He introduced.

Blake.

"Nate Axel" I introduced myself shaking his hand.

"He's the man who helps us with the auctions" Cole said.

Now that's what I want to hear.

"Pleasure to meet you Mr Luther" I said.

"The pleasure is all mine. I've heard a lot about you Mr Axel" He said.

"Does Cole talk about me that much?" I asked with a dry chuckle.

"You're quite famous in the job" He smirked.

"Good to know. I had no clue I had so many fans"

"You may be surprised" He chuckled.

"So Cole when does the auction start?" I asked.

"In a few minutes" He answered.

My hands were sweaty and I felt anxious as ever.

I didn't know shit would go down so quick.

Leo talked to me through the earphone he'd given us.

"Calm down" He said, but he didn't sound calm himself. He was fine a few minutes ago but now I could hear his voice trembling.

It's probably because it's almost time.

I took a deep breath when I saw Cole ready to make a speech. Probably to thank everyone and blah blah.

As expected, he started thanking everyone and I impatiently waited for it to happen.

And it did.

I saw Cole look at the gates in panic. The guards weren't there anymore and five of our men were blocking the gates holding guns.

"What's happening?" Cole questioned as everyone startes talking and exclaiming.

We were almost sure nobody carried any weapons. They weren't allowed as Cole had said and we searched all of them before they got in, but I had sneaked in Ares and Vincent who were now behind Cole with their guns pointed at him.

"It's over Cole" Ares said.

"You! He pointed at me and everyone looked at me."You betrayed me!" He spat.

"You betrayed the agreement Cole" I said, "Everyone in here did and you're quite a lot. If you didn't know auctions and slavery aren't allowed anymore, not even in gangs"

"I thought you were with me" He said.

"You were stupid to think I would side with a spoilt brat like you" I spat as I walked towards him. "Does your daddy know you're doing this?" I asked.

"Shut up!" He growled.

"You're the one with a gun to your head Cole. I'm sorry. It's over"

Everything was finally over. Ares and Vincent led Cole to our men and they took him to his cell.

He would get what he deserved.

Other gangleaders were there with us and each took care of a share of the guests.

We rescued the girls. Ares said he would find their parents and relatives.

Why was this so easy?

I couldn't wait to go back to Rosy and tell her everything was okay. This wasn't even a big deal after all.

"Nate, I need to tell you something" Ares said as we drove home.

"What is it?" I asked getting worried.

"Please don't freak out" He said.

"Just tell me what it is" I said.

"Rose called Leo at some point asking for help"

My eyes widened and I instantly panicked.

"Our men went there and she was missing. The entrance door and the bathroom door were both broken down" He said.

"No" I mumbled.

I failed.

I knew this was too easy.

"Do we know who it was?" I asked.

"The said there was a note there. They left everything as it was, we can go check it out" He said.

"Yes. Please" I pleaded feeling my whole world crushing down.

"Nate don't worry okay? Everything's going to go fine-"

"No" I cut in, "I can't magically stop worrying, how would you feel if they took Serenity?" I asked bitterly. I couldn't recall any other moment in my life where I was so overwhelmed.

"Serenity is my family Nate, I love her" He said looking shocked from my reaction.

"Well that's the problem" I whispered clenching my fists, "I love Rosy as well"

It was hard for me to admit. It was scary. I didn't know actual love existed. I always wondered how Ares and Serenity stayed together. I refused to believe it and now I'd become what I used to make fun of.

"I know Nate" He chuckled.

"It's not funny. I don't even know if it really is love. I don't know what that feeling is supposed to be like"

"You admitted it before even realizing it. Remember when you said you'd rather live a life of misery if it meant she would be happy? That pretty much said it all" He said.

"I failed her. She's caught because of me and I don't even know who took her"

"Sometimes you can't avoid failure. It happened now so don't focus on why it happened. Focus on finding a way to fix it" He said.

"Woah becoming a dad really made you a dad"

"No shit" He chuckled.

"Hey Ares? Thank you for always having my back and sorry for putting you through that" I mumbled.

"Thank you? Sorry? Are you really my best friend, Nate? What happened to you?"

"I-I don't know" I said looking down.

"I know" He said, "Love"

"Oh shut up, you cheesy bastard"

"Alright, let's go find your girl"