Romantic

Rose

"I sleep naked"

"Nate, don't you dare" I said squinting my eyes.

"You can't stop me" He scoffed and started taking his shirt off.

"Oh My God, stop!" I squealed and covered my eyes.

To be honest, I actually wanted to see. I mean come on, who wouldn't want to see? I felt so embarrassed when I just kept staring when he changed his shirt back at the hospital.

He was pretty muscular, but not too much, his form seemed tall and lean. What concerned me was his scars. He seemed like the type to get into trouble a lot and I didn't want anything else to happen to him.

"I'm just kidding Rosy" He chuckled, "I'll do you a favor and put pants on, but no shirt"

"Fine" I groaned.

"Don't act like you don't like it" He said playfully and moved my hands out of my face.

"Shut up" I mumbled.

"Talking back at me?" He questioned raising an eyebrow. I panicked thinking he was mad.

Cole used to get mad everytime I did something like that.

"You're learning, I'm so proud of you" He cooed and squished my cheeks together before giving me a peck on the lips.

I titled my head and frowned as he took off his shirt.

"You're not mad?" I questioned. He turned around and looked at me giving me a one sided smile.

"Why would I be? You thought of Cole didn't you?" He asked standing straight up.

I couldn't get over how hurt he looked. He didn't even look angry he looked hurt and it made me hate myself.

"Whatever I do, you will always think of him" He looked down shaking his head in realization with a sad smile.

"I'm sorry-"

"It's not even your fault that's what's bad. You're not the one to blame. He did this to you and I-I hate it" He said running his fingers through his hair.

"Don't get worked up please" I said not knowing how to deal with it.

"I'm sorry" He said as his features softened, "I'm sorry I just can't help it. I shouldn't take it out on you"

"It's okay" I mumbled hugging myself.

He wrapped his arms around me and nuzzled in my neck.

When he hugged me for the first time he was really stiff, but now his hugs had grown to be the most comforting thing in the world for me.

"Let's get some sleep" He whispered in my ear and picked me up.

"I can walk you know" I mumbled.

"I know love, it's just an excuse to hold you"

"Since when are you so romantic?" I questioned feeling my face heat up.

"I'm not romantic. You bring this out of me"

He put me on the king sized bed and got next to me.

I turned to my side and closed my eyes.

After a few minutes I felt his hands hesitantly touch my waist.

"Can I?" He whispered.

"Yeah" I mumbled.

He wrapped his hand around my waist and put his head on the crook of my neck.