Chapter 1 - Alola again, Alola!

Saturday, 16th May 2020

Shoutout to all my readers! I tried actually giving you guys a shoutout (by tagging you guys here) but for whatever reason, I couldn't mention most of you (even after following your accounts).

Oh well, here it is: the first chapter to my rewrite.

As always, En-joy! 😁

Word Count: 1776
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ash!", a familiar female voice called. Delia, Ash, and Gary turned towards the voice.

An excited Mallow was racing her way towards the docks.

"Mallow!" He embraced the green-haired Alolan. "Pika Pika."

"Hey, Pikachu," she petted it.

"Mallow, dear, how are you?" It was Delia's turn to embrace her.

"I'm doing great, Delia! But what are you doing back-?" She cut herself off when she saw Gary, "Oh, hi. Are you Ash's friend?"

He held out his hand, which Mallow gladly accepted. "Gary Oak, at your service," he winked.

"This is my former rival from Kanto. He's Professor Oak's grandson," Ash explained.

Mallow silently gasped, "You're Professor Oak's grandson? That's amazing!"

Gary smirked cockily. Before he could say anything, Mallow spoke up.

"But what are you doing here? You left Alola almost 3 weeks ago, saying you were going to continue traveling and getting stronger."

"It's a long story, to tell you the truth," Ash scratched the back of his head, "But it's great to be back in Alola; I really missed all of you."

"We really did too. Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet are gonna be so happy you're here!"

"We were planning on popping by their's when we'd arrived," Delia explained.

"That's great! Mind if I come with? I was supposed to be doing some shopping for the restaurant, but it can wait," Mallow grinned.

—————

"Alola!" Mallow greeted, walking into Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet's humble abode.

"Alola, Mallow! What brings- Ash?!" The two Professors exclaimed.

"Alola, Professors," Ash grinned. "Pika-chu."

There was a sudden exclamation of trills, roars, and barks when 3 Pokémon tackled Ash.

"It's great to see you all again too," Ash laughed joyfully.

He got up off the floor, petting Lycanroc, Rowlet, and Incineroar. Rowlet immediately perched himself in Ash's backpack and dozed off.

"Oh, Rowlet," Ash chuckled.

"Pika..." Pikachu sweat-dropped.

"Woah, these Pokémon...," Gary hesitantly reached out to Lycanroc and Incineroar. Lycanroc inclined his head towards Gary, letting him pet it.

"Yup, I caught them when I was in Alola," Ash explained.

"I've studied about Pokémon being different in Alola because of their weather conditions, and their exotic fruit. But this Lycanroc is unfamiliar," Gary held its face with both hands, studying it.

"It's a Dusk form Lycanroc. It's pretty rare for a Rockruff to evolve into a Dusk form. It happens only when the sun is about to set or when the sun rises: Dusk or Dawn. Ash's Rockruff evolved at Dusk, thus it's called the Dusk form," Professor Kukui explained.