Chapter 2 - Research at Aether Paradise

Saturday 22nd August 2020

Hey, guys! Second chapter of this rewrite! Hope you enjoy! 😁

And sorry for posting so so late 😓
The chapter is short, but I'll try to post the next chapter soon.

Word Count: 783
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alola!" Ash called, entering the conservation area.

Wicke turned around. "My! What a nice surprise to see you back here! How are you?"

"We're great, Professor!" Ash grinned.

"And who might you be?" Professor Wicke turned to Gary.

"I'm Gary Oak, better known as Professor Oak's grandson," Gary replied.

"Oh! What brings you all here?" Faba asked, walking towards the group.

"We came to say hello. And maybe get to see the Pokémon here. Hey, how's the research on the Ultra Beasts going?" Ash replied.

"Hey, isn't Melmetal here in the lab?" Ash asked out of curiosity. Wicke nodded in response.

"Yes, he's in the field stretching out a bit" replied Faba.

"Uhh what's a Melmetal if you don't mind me asking?"asked Gary confused.

"Well, Melmetal is a mythical pokemon who was discovered and caught by Ash a few months ago, when Ash was here in Alola," Wicke said turning Gary's confused face into a shocked one.

"Wait, are you telling me that Ash caught a mythical pokemon?!" Gary almost yelled."And didn't tell me?!"

''Keep it down Gary, you'll scare pokemon," Ash said while running to the feild.

"Hey, wait up, Ash!" Gary called after the ravenete as he himself, Mallow, Kiawe, Burnett, Kukui, Faba and Wicke followed suit.

"Melmetal!!" Ash exclaimed in joy as he ran towards the huge Pokémon.

"Mel! Melmetal!!" By the curved crescent shape of his eye and the tone of sound, you could tell Melmetal was as happy to see Ash as the latter was.

They shared a quick embrace before the rest of the group reached them. But as Gary caught sight of the Pokémon, his footsteps slowed.

"This is Melmetal. Melmetal, this is Gary, my rival and childhood friend," Ash introduced with a grin.

Melmetal walked a couple steps toward Gary. "Melmetal. Metal!"

Gary reaches out a hand hesitantly; like how he's done with Rockruff, earlier that day.

Melmetal lifted Gary up and placed him on his shoulder, joyously.

"Woah-!" Gary held on to the golden nut that served as Melmetal's head in slight fear.

The rest laughed.

"Seems like Melmetal has already taken a liking to you," Kiawe observed.

"Yep. You guys will get along nicely!" Mallow grinned.

"Professors! I've completed transferring the data on Melmetal and Naganadal to the system," a familiar robotic voice called.

"Rotom!" "Pika! Chu!"

"Ash?! Pikachu?!"

He floated closer and hugged Ash's face and Pikachu on his shoulder. "It's no nice to see you again! Why are you back in Alola so soon?"

"Something's happened. And now me, my mom and my friend, Gary, are here in Alola," Ash gestured towards Gary, who was atop Melmetal's shoulder.

Rotom flew toward Gary and reached out a 'hand'. "I'm Rotom Dex; the evolved form of the Pokédex. It's nice to meet you, Gary."

"Nice to meet you too. My Gramps told me about you back in Kanto," he replied, shaking his 'hand'.

"You can take a break today if you want, Rotom. I'm sure you'd like to spend some time with Ash," Wicke smiled.

"Yeah, I can stand in for you. Burnet can take over the tour," Kukui replied.

"It's okay. Kiawe and me can take Ash and Gary around. You can stay here and help, Professor Burnet," Mallow offered.

"That's a good idea," Burnet agreed, "but for today, just go around Melemele Island only. We can visit Akala Island tomorrow, and the day after, Ula'Ula, and the day after that, Poni."

"Sounds like a plan," Kiawe replied.

"Then we'll meet you guys tonight!" Ash grinned.

"Here," Wicke handed him a Pokéball.

Melmetal carefully placed Gary back on the ground.

"Thank you, Professor," Ash returned Melmetal and put the Pokéball in his pocket.

"Come on! We don't have any time to waste! There so many places Gary to see!" Ash raced away.

"Ash! Wait for us!!" Mallow whined.

"See you later, Professors!" They waved goodby and headed out.

As they were boarding onto their ride Pokémon, Gary asked, "where are we heading?"

"Let's see... you've already seen Aether Paradise, the beach, my family's restaurant..." Mallow tucked things off her fingers, "we could go to the forest and say hi to Oranguru and Granpa Forest, or we could go to the Pokémon school."

"The Pokémon school would be pretty much deserted. So I think going to the forest would be better," Kiawe said.

"Awesome! Oranguru's pineapp juice is amazing!" Ash drooled. "Pikachu!"

The rest sweatdropped.

"Alright. The forest it is," Mallow got on her Flygon.