Chapter 3 - Altogether

Saturday 26th September 2020

Author's note at the end! Please read!

Word Count: 1189

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Pokémon carrying trainers on their backs landed in front of a small treehouse. The trainers dismounted and walked into the treehouse.

"Alola!" Mallow and Kiawe greeted.

"Oranguru!"

"Alola, Oranguru! We've brought a new friend!" "Pikachu!"

"Hello- I mean, Alola," Gary hesitantly shook hands with the Pokémon.

"Oran Guru."

Oranguru quickly whipped up some cups of pinap juice and served it to his guests. All of them took a sip.

Gary looked up, surprised. "Amazing, isn't it?" Mallow, who was sitting to the right of the brunette, grinned.

"Amazing..." He muttered, downing all of the contents of the cup, "May I have another one?!"

The others (excluding Oranguru) grinned. "Me too please! / Pika pika!"

"Oranguru."

Dusk. Till dusk they hung out at Oranguru's place; many other Pokémon came and went. And since they had planned on visiting Granpa Forest that same day, they decided on a short visit. Greetings and introductions were exchanged. A few Haban berries too. With that short visit, and the sun already lost in the horizon, the trainers and their Pokémon headed home. Mallow and Kiawe dropped Ash and Gary off at Professor Kukui's house before heading home themselves.

"We're back!" Ash called.

"How did you like Alola so far, Gary?" Professor Burnet asked.

"It's amazing! I can't wait to explore the other islands!"

"That's great! I think the both of you better have dinner and go to bed early if you want to explore," Delia suggested.

"Yes, ma'am!/Pika pika!"

After having dinner at Professor Kukui's, Delia announced to the boys that they'd bought a house not a block away from Professor Kukui's. It was similar to the Professors', except it was two stories with three bedrooms.

The next day, the boys (plus Rotom and Pikachu) headed to Mallow's family restaurant and had breakfast while they waited for Kiawe. They cleaned up as Kiawe delivered moo-moo milk and headed towards Akala Island. First, they visited Kiawe's family farm, helped out with the Pokémon, had some ice cream and headed towards Wela Volcano Park where they met up with Olivia, who explained to Gary about the Island's history, traditions and festivals. They also had a friendly Pokemon tag team battle; Ash and Gary vs. Olivia and Kiawe. The latter's team winning. They explored the island up until sunset and headed home. At dinner that night, Gary announced that he was going to challenge the Melemele Island kahuna for a z-ring (to which he got many encouraging words from the professors, Delia, Ash and the Pokémon). While there, Gary was also able to catch a Rockruff.

They (Ash and Gary) then created a routine of training at dawn with Professor Kukui. The exploring at Ula'ula island didn't continue until Lana came back with her dad from exploring the oceans, which was about a few weeks later. They spent a couple days listening to Lana's adventures with her dad, most of them being jokes and the others falling for it. Lana tagged along for the Ula'ula island tour. The tour didn't take as long as ecpected. They met Acerola at the library, and asked her to show them around ula'ula island (she was more than happy to). Ash and Kiawe challenged Nanu to a battle, to which, of course, he bluntly declined.

Sophocles and his cousin also came back from Hoenn, bringing back a performer friend of Ash's.

"Serena!/Pika!"

"Hi, Ash. Hi, Pikachu," Serena smiled.

"We met back in Hoenn, and hung out for a few days. I was talking about Alola, and she told me about her adventures in Kalos," Sophocles explained, "Professor Kukui called and told us that you came back to Alola, Ash, and Serena decided on visiting."

"That's so cool!"

Mallow tapped the ravenete's shoulder, "how about some introductions?"

"Oh, right. Guys, this is Serena. She travelled with me and two other friends in Kalos. Serena, this is Mallow, Gary, Kiawe, Lana, and Rotom," he pointed to each as he introduced them.

"It's nice to meet all of you!"

"Same here, Serena!"

And they got 2 more touring companions. Poni Island was next on the list. Hapu gladly gave them a tour of the island, and some Poni radish buns. They even got a brief visit from Tapu Fini!

Throughout the time Ash had returned to Alola, they hadn't had any unpleasant visits from Ultra Beasts, which is, really, a good thing.

Lillie, Gladion, Lusamine and Magearna returned a week before the Pokémon School was reopening. Apparently, they were successful in finding Mohn, Lusamine's husband and Lillie and Gladion's father, but he wasn't willing to come back to Alola. He claimed to be in the middle of his research, and told them he'd be returning only after his research in done and over with. They were able to spend some time with him, so they didn't come back with low spirits.

Serena and Lillie spent quite an amount of time together; Lillie sharing her research, and Serena sharing her experiences. At times, Gary would tag along with them to learn more about what Lillie's researched. Serena also helped Lana and Primarina in training. And the honey-blonde joined Ash and Gary in their training sessions. You readers must be wondering where she's staying. No, she isn't sharing a room with Ash (-_-) She's staying with Delia.

When the Pokémon School re-opened, Gary and Serena joined too. And they had a great time exploring the school and learning more about Alola. Professor Kukui and Principle Oak gave special classes for the two of them on the Alolan Pokémon. Gary would occasionally battle Kiawe whenever challenged.

And when Ultra Beasts started appearing again, Serena and Gary were invited by Lusamine to become Ultra Guardians. They were pretty good at it too; Serena using her experiences as a performer, and Gary using the research he's collected through the years.

They'd become a pretty close group. What Ash's old companions had done to him never left his mind though, and he understood where they were coming from, but at the same time, I guess he didn't. Soon, though, he'd be able to peacefully settle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm planning on writing about the Alola Pokémon League next. And fast-forwarding into the future. Because, I feel like, if I write about them settling in, exploring, learning, and all of that, it'll get boring (not like this isn't boring already).

Anyway, starting from the next chapter, I'll be writing about all of that. But I'll be writing how everything and everyone has changed at the beginning; so it wouldn't be confusing.

Also, do you guys want me to write a side plot that isn't exactly a side plot? You know, with the villains and blah, blah, blah? Or do you want me to focus only on the tournament and the plot of Ash's old companions and apology and blah, blah, blah? Please, please, please tell me in the comments!

And, if you're an BNHA/MHA fan, and ship ShinKami, I'll be posting a Hanahaki fanfic in my one shots book soon, so keep a lookout for that! (;

Finally, thank you for reading!