Chapter 1: normal

BEEP... BEEP...BEEP...
The sound of my alarm wakes me from my sleep. I sit up as I shut it off and rub my eyes. I sigh and get out of bed and jump in the shower and get dressed for school. I'm a junior in L.A. Whitney high school. I'm 17 and looking forward to the summer in 2 more weeks. I grab my bag and I'm out the door to get to school. I walk threw the parking lot to meet up with my best friend Maggie and her boyfriend Chris. Maggie has short curly hair and brown eyes. She's black and super skinny. Chris is African american and about 6'0 ft. his hair is shaggy and always a mess. as we all met up the bell rings indicating that classes will be starting soon. Chris groans and wraps an arm around Maggie's shoulders. Maggie and i laugh at his pain and we start to walk. i walk backwards a little to walk beside them and run into someone. i turn around fast to apologize when i met deep blue eyes.

"I'm sorry. i didn't see you there." I spoke softly. he smiles looking into my dark eyes.

"It's okay. I don't mind a beautiful girl like you bumping into me." his voice is deep. i could hear my friends behind me whispering.

"I don't remember you going here. Did you just start?" I ask. he chuckles and shakes his head. he had dirty blonde hair. it was long enough to reach his eyes.

"No i dropped out my senior year." he paused like he was thinking then spoke again. "like 2 years ago." So he's older.

"LOGAN! Where have you been?" Tyler came coming down the steps of the school as the second bell rang indicating that classes have started. "And why are you talking to her?" Logan looks at Tyler. Tyler was one of the rich popular kids and really rude to everyone who wasn't rich. "Anyway lets talk at my party tonight." Tyler spoke again going to touch Logan's arms. before he could Logan slapped his hand away.

"Don't touch me." was all he said.

"I should be heading to class. I'm already late. nice to meet you." i said softly and almost a whisper. i begin to walk away with my friends when he spoke up.

"Will you be there?" i turn to look at him confused.

"be where?" i asked. Logan chuckled.

"Tyler's party?" Logan smiled showing his teeth. Tyler tried to protest but Logan lifted his hand at him to shut him up, witch worked like a charm.

"Maybe." i smiled and walked away to classes.