Chapter 2: the party

By the time school ended Maggie and Chris had convinced me to go to Tyler's party, so i headed home and got ready. My dad was working late so i left a note on the fridge of where I'd be and when I'd be back and headed out. i got in my car and drove to Tyler's. 

Tyler's house was more like a mansion. i parked on the side of the road about a block away and walked up the steps of his house. When i walk in people near me go quiet and just stare at me. i take a deep breath and walk farther in. i stand near the stairs and watch people having fun and drinking. i look around looking for Logan but no sign of him anywhere. 

"Who you looking for?" i jump swinging my fist around for it only to get caught in mid air. it was Logan. he chuckled and let go of my fist. 

"don't sneak up on people." i protested to his laughter. he put his hands up in surrender. 

"I was hoping to see you here." he smiled and put his hand out. i look at it and then look into his eyes as i put my hand in his. he held on and pulled me to a more quiet place, the garage. it was pretty big but empty. there was only a large table in the middle. 

"why are we in here?" i ask looking around. he shrugged and looked around also.

"its quieter in here. perfect place to talk." i look at him and smile. 

"Talk about what?" 

"well we could start with what your name is." he smiled leaning on the table. i nod and lean next to him.

"I'm Ella." i spoke softly not looking at him.  "I want to know why your talking to a girl like me instead of the hot popular girls." i spoke with attitude in my voice as i looked over at him. he was already looking at me. 

"Ella? Do you believe in love at first sight?" i laugh and shake my head. 

"No. i did once, but not anymore." i answered. he didn't push about it, thank god. 

it's quiet for a moment so i push off the table and walk around. I could feel his eyes on me. few moments later I could hear his phone go off, text notifaction. i look at him as he looked at his text, then puts it back in his pocket. he looks at me with a smile.

"lets go for a drive." i frown and look at him.

"why? what was the text?" it was weird that he wanted to leave just has he got a text. before i knew it i heard sirens. cops. 

"shit. i can't get arrested." i headed for the door and Logan fallowed me. i went for the front door when Logan grabbed my wrist and took me to the back and threw the bushes to his car. it was amazing. a blue 2010 Camaro. "Wow." my jaw dropped as i looked at it. 

"get in." he pushed the door open from his side. i hesitate and look at him. "trust me." i look back at the house and then jump in.  we speed off and turn left away from the house as I think he got away blue and red lights shine behind us. 

"shit." Logan spoke and pushed down on the gas petal. 

"what are you doing?" i panicked. "we should stop and talk to them." he shook his head and looked at me for a second and then back on the road. 

"Nah. running is more fun. plus they don't know you were at the party so when we lose them you can go home and you will be fine." i sigh and look behind us at the cops. he was right but one problem with that was that my dad knew and he was a cop. the way Logan drove showed me that i shouldn't tell him that though.