chapter 6: betrayal

i woke up later in the afternoon in Logan's bed. he wasn't there though. i get up and walk to the door and hear voices. i stand there and listen.

"she needs to know the truth Mathew. i don't want to lie to her anymore." Logan spoke and my heart dropped. he's been lying to me? about what? do i really want to know.

"Logan if we tell her she will go straight to her father and we will end up in jail. is that what you want?" 

"Boss Logan's right. she needs to know. Logan needs to be the one to tell her though." i peak out and see the group together just down stairs. Megan puts her hand on Logan's shoulder. "we will all be by your side no matter what." i shut the door softly and lay back down and pretend to be asleep. i hear the door open and close softly. someone walks up to the bed and sits down. i slowly open my eyes when i feel his hand rubbing on my shoulder. when i heard Megan say that he should tell me the truth then i'll respect that and wait to see what he has to say. i sit up and look at him. 

"hey there." Logan spoke softly and smiled kissing me softly. he pulled back and took a deep breath. "there's something i need to tell you." Logan spoke with hesitation and stood up running his fingers through his hair.

"what's wrong Logan?" i stand up and walk up to Logan. he takes another deep breath.

"i knew who your father was before i met you. it was all planned out, to meet you. to get your trust. we knew he was the one after us." I stumbled back words and fell on the bed softly looking away from him. when they said they needed to tell me i never imaged it be this. 

"so everything was a lie? it was all a plan? for you to get my trust and for me to fall in love with you just to use me because my father was closing in on you?" i looked Logan in those blue eyes. he had tears in his eyes. 

"no. Ellie no it wasn't all a lie. i fell in love with you. the day i told you to stay away was the day i fell in love with you." i stepped closer to me. i stand up and put my hand up to stop him.

"i don't believe you." i let my tears fall. i felt so hurt, broken. i walk to the door to leave.

"Ellie wait please." i open the door and look back at Logan. 

"don't worry Logan. i wont tell my father." i glare and leave the room. i run down the stairs and run past everyone and out the door. it was pouring down rain and cold and i had to walk home. 

i make it home soaked from the rain. dad wasn't home like normal but i was happy he wasn't home today from my crying. i go straight to my room and change my clothes to jean shorts and a black tang top. i sat on my bed and cried more. i can't believe he would do that to me. i guess criminal's only lie. i lay down and cry myself to sleep. 

i wake up to to voices in the other room. i groan and rub my eyes. it was probably dad and John talking about there next move on the gang. i look at my alarm clock and notice it was midnight. why would they still be awake? i get up and walk out to the living room. their both sitting on the couch looking at something.

"Any new leads?" i ask making them jump. my dad turns and looks at me. 

"Ellie. why are you awake?" i shrug and lean on the wall with my arms crossed.

"i heard voices." i look over at John. "so. anything new?" i ask again. dad smiled and walked back to the couch.

"no there in hiding. haven't heard about any car thefts or anything." dad sounded annoyed. i nod and look at John. he was looking right at me. i got a weird chill and went back to my room to get more sleep.

It's been a week or so since i seen Logan. i was still upset with him and his friends. they had lied to me and used me. the worst pain i'd ever felt. my dad and John still had no leads on the gang nor where they were staying. it seemed John had believed me that i was using the old warehouse for my art and study's. even though Logan was a criminal i still missed him and wished he had never lied to me. i had been hiding in my room since that day. John believes i'm still in contact with them of course. 

"Ellie?" i look up and see my dad at my door looking at me.

"hi dad." i sit up from my bed as he walked in and sat beside.

"is there something you want to talk about?" i frown and look at him. "i mean. you been hiding in here for the past week. you haven't said much to me and u haven't left. you seem sad every time i see you." i look away holding my tears back.

"it's nothing dad. just boy problems, that's all." i look back up at him and he nods. 

"I'm here if you need to talk." i smile and nod. he gets up and walks to my bedroom door.

"hey dad?" he turns around and looks at me. 

"yeah?" i take a deep breath.

"If you..." i hesitate. "If you were lied to or being used by someone you loved but they..." i think for a moment. 

"you want to know if they should get a second chance?" i look at my dad and nod. he thinks for a moment. "well. it depends on what it was that they did." i look away and nod. 

"he told me that he lied and used me about everything but told me that falling for me wasn't part of the plan." my dad looks at me worried. "don't worry about it to much, it's okay." my dad came and sat beside me. 

"maybe you should go talk to him. find out what he really feels." maybe he was right. maybe i should talk to Logan. 

"thanks dad. i think i will go talk to him." my dad smiles and leaves my room. i decide to shower and get dressed and head out the house to find Logan.