chapter 43

Eliana POV

What a wolf's pack does, reflects on them completely. Who you are is rooted in the nature of your family, and what your family does, is what you do. No matter when, it's culture.

My parents probably helped in the attack. I was there.

My breathing races as Noah tries to approach me again. I lift a hand, holding him back.

"Whats...going on?" My mind races as I stare at the frozen Liam and his father.

"Eliana, you have to release them. It's-" Noah starts.

"What did he just say?" I breathe out. My mind hums while my vision threatens to blur. Noah clenches his jaw.

Noah's parents, Beth, the pack...

My blood spilled theirs.

Pain strikes through my skull as I cry out.

"Eliana!" Noah moves to come near me but avoid his touch.

"Noah. I-"

"It wasn't you, Eliana. I know you." Noah grabs onto my wrists, pulling me in close as his eyes search mine. Pain and hatred beam out of his gaze, as he turns his glare away from mine to Liam.

The skin of my shoulder chills as my mind goes back to the day Noah cried on. The day he opened up and told me his trauma.

His whole life was affected by his sister's death. He can't forgive me, he shouldn't. His scar still hasn't healed.

Noah lets go of my wrist, as I let it fall to my side without another thought.

"I was wondering why you pack of rats always had a different scent when we'd come across any of your little gifts." He stops in front of the frozen men as they can't even move their gaze to look at him. Noah grabs both father and son by the nape of their necks.

"Eliana, let go of them. I've got them. Please." He looks to me. I flinch.

I stare at the floor, unable to find the will to glance back at him.

His sister didn't deserve that. She didn't deserve dying the way she did, and my pack killed her.

"Eliana!" Noah shouts.

"Noah, don't you get it?" I whisper.

"Ignore what he said. You're mine. Fuck what he said." Noah growls, tightening his grip on them.

But we can't. We can't. I can't.

"M-My parents probably-they probably were a part of the attack that-"

"Don't say it! I don't care about that. Your powers are killing you right now, Eliana! Stop using them!" Noah shouts as his voice shakes. My nails bite into my palm.

"Noah, you do care. I know you care. You know how you feel about your sister's death and everyone involved in it. Including someone like me, the fucking kid of one of the wolves who attacked your pack." My voice raises slowly as I speak. Noah turns, taking heavy steps towards me. He stops in front of the bed, looking down at me.

"I said I don't care about that. You're you. Please let's just ignore it. You're not like them. You... Eliana, I need you. It's okay if it's you, so... stop. I can't lose you so stop using your powers." He sets a gentle hand onto my wrist. My heart beat slows as the mate bond and my own feelings send tingles up my arm.

"...killed your sister."

It's not fair.

"Noah, I can't pretend. You won't be able to either. You'll have to tell your pack about this and they won't forgive me. Even I can't forgive my own blood. I used your sister's death to live another day, along with whoever else was killed during that attack. Noah, your parents. I won't be able to look them in the eyes." I brush his hand off, letting the tears welling up in my eyes fall down my cheeks.

Noah grabs my hand again, with both of his, climbing onto the bed next to me.

"I make them understand. You were innocent. How could we blame you?" Noah pleads, squeezing my hand. I shake my head.

"I'll blame myself. You know what matters in our world. What your family's done, is what builds you. They are my family. I can't run away from this Noah." I fall back, feeling something leave me.

Maybe, a breath or a tear, or my home.

I've lost my home.

"Eliana!" Noah catches me before my back hits the mattress. My eyes flutter shut as my strength leaves me. 

I've lost Noah. I don't belong anywhere, again. 

Noah POV

She's drained too much of her energy. Fuck, what does that mean for her life force?

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I need her. I need her. I can't lose her like this. I can't ever lose her. We were supposed to rule this pack together and now...

It's not her fault. She shouldn't be related to those people. She doesn't even smell like those dogs. Why does she have to be a part of that family? Out of all the bloodlines out there, the Royals were the ones who attacked us that day?

Eliana rests in my arms, looking to be peacefully asleep, having escaped the storm happening just beyond her dreams.

"Ah, that bitch finally passed out. She shouldn't waste her ability on someone like you. We'll have to take her now. Don't worry we'll take good care of her." I turn my head to see Liam and his father, stretching, freed from Eliana's hold. I lay her down gently, hoping off the bed.

She needs to see Alyssa right now and there's no way I'm letting them touch her. They've done enough. I've been itching to lay my hands on wolves with this stench for years now.

"What do you know about Eliana? After living with her for years, what the hell do you know about her? As far as I'm concerned she's a victim just like us. You robbed her of her childhood, making her your servant and now you want to claim, she's your family? Fuck off. Eliana has nothing to do with you." I growl, striding towards them as my wolf threatens to take over.

"It's you against two Alphas. Do your worse." Their eyes flash, showing their wolves underneath.

The door bursts open. I don't look over as the scent of my beta drafts over to my nose.

"Took you long enough." I say, glancing over at Kai as he stares at the pair of invaders, with wide eyes.

"This scent... they're-" He starts.

"Yes, and it's time to finally rip their fucking throats out."

_______________________________________________
30.5K ~ 7/13/20

Woah guys we are trending number #1 on Luna. That's so crazyyyyy. Thank you for all the support.

Next update in 2 to 3 days.

XO.