ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 12

Published 5/25/20

Luca's P.O.V

"Well, she is quite beautiful. Such innocence that has yet to be seen," says Marco. Indeed, Ann was beautiful, but the way Marco is looking at my servant makes my blood boil. He was looking at her like she was the last piece of meat on the table. "Have you bedded her yet?" He takes a sip of his wine while eyeing Ann.

I notice Ann shifts under his intense gaze. She is uncomfortable. I wave my hand to dismiss her.

"Ann, You may leave us," She bows and swiftly walks out of the room. I wait for the 'boom' of the doors to put Marco in his place.

Not being able to contain my anger any longer, I slam my fist on the table; knocking over my wine in the process. "You will not insult my servant like you do with others!" My voice boomed, echoing in the great hall. Ann is certainly not a common whore or any indelicate servant of mine.

The thought of him or any man having her made me enraged. She will not be disgraced by a man of his reputation. "You will not  try anything with her!" I seethed.

Unexpectedly, the corners of Marco's mouth turned up into a smirk.

"As you wish, Your Majesty."

Annalise/Ann's P.O.V

As I close the great hall doors behind me, I was still uneasy about Marco's gaze. 'I best stay clear of him while he is here.' I thought to myself.

Suddenly, I hear a crash from the great hall and a muffled yet strong voice that I could tell it belonged to the King. I couldn't make out anything of what he said.

I continue on my way to the library. I wanted to be close by in case I am needed. I take my seat in my usual nook and stare out the window, my thoughts drift to everything that happened; me coming here, serving the King as his personal chambermaid, and his changed behavior toward me.

Suddenly my thoughts are interrupted by the library doors being opened. I hear a voice. I slowly get up and peer through the cracks of the bookshelves. It is the King. He paces back and forth in front of the fireplace, muttering something to himself.

I could not hear what he was speaking about, so I tipped-toed closer. "She is mine! Nobody will soil her!" Who was he talking about? About Princess Ayla?

Suddenly, a book that was on the edge of the bookshelf fell on the floor. My hand must've hit it while snooping.

The King stops pacing, his eyes darting around the library.

"Who is there?"

I slowly step out from behind the bookshelf.

"Sorry, sua Maestà (Your Majesty). I did not know that you would have come here, otherwise I would not have."

I hear him sigh and softly mutter, "It's alright, mia luce (my light)."

He slowly walks toward me. His tall figure leaning over me, his eyes studying every feature of my face.

"What are you doing to me?" He mutters softly. I furrow my brows, not entirely sure of what he meant.

Before I could ask what he meant, he seemed to snap out of his trance. He then notices how close he is to me. He takes a step back. He clears his throat, "Buona notte (goodnight), Ann."

I bow my head and walk out of the library, utterly confused by the statement he made.

𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 12

𝒩𝑜𝓉𝑒: How was chapter 12? Hopefully you enjoyed getting a glimpse into Luca's Point of view. Please don't be a silent reader, tell me what you thought of the chapter and please vote! It would be greatly appreciated! Well, until next Monday! Bye!