ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 15

Published 6/15/20

Annalise's/Ann's POV

"What is the meaning of this?!" Princess Ayla shouted.

We immediately stopped laughing, all of our eyes on her. She looked at us with disapproval. No one spoke a word. We were afraid to say anything.

"I was merely curious to see where His Majesty's chambermaid had run off to. Then I come to find a bunch of his servants having a party. My, what would the King think of this?" She threatened while crossing her arms.

We hung our heads low with embarrassment. We all were probably hoping that she wouldn't tell the king.

As if she read our minds, "Well, I won't tell if you all go back to your duties. I will pretend I never saw this."

We all bow and curtsied, then scampered off. I walked past her, going toward the balcony entrance.

"Oh, Ann," I turned toward her.

"Yes, Your Highness?"

She beckoned me with her finger. "Do tell me something. Would you consider yourself close with the King?"

"Yes. I know him better than any other servant here, I suppose. I'm sorry, Your Highness, but why are you asking me this?"

"I have a proposal for you. Would you be willing to tell me anything I wish to know about the King?"

"I'm sorry, but no. The King is a very private man." I say softly.

"Let me say that again. You WILL tell me anything I wish to know about him unless you want the king to find out what you did tonight." She seethed. She leaned her head forward, making me lean my head slightly back. I hesitated. Before I could say anything, she started again.

"Good. Now we have an understanding." She walked off into the ballroom. I stood in my spot for a few seconds before going back into the ballroom. What am I going to do? If I don't tell her what she wishes to know, she will certainly tell the king about me and the servants sneaking off. No doubt we will surely be punished. My heart beats faster at the thought.

What am I going to do?

The ball came to a close as the night ended. People were leaving, most of them were drunk. Some even had to be escorted to their carriages. I try not to giggle at some who were stumbling over their own footing.

While the last of the people were leaving, Marco stumbled over with a chalice in hand. He drunkly swings his arm over the King's shoulder.

"My friend, tonight is not over. I shall have some fun tonight," He slurs.

The King rolls his eyes at his friend, then pushes his arm off of him. "Go to bed, you are drunk."

Marco ignores him then stumbles over to me. "Ann, escort me to my room?" He leans in, his breath reeked strongly of ale. Before I could reject, he forcibly grabs my wrist, dragging me along. I start to claw at his hand, but to no avail. He would not let go.

Instantly, the King comes in between us, making Marco let go of my wrist. "You will not have her!" He raged, his nose flaring. He pushes me behind him, blocking me from view. Before Marco had time to say something, the King had commanded guards to escort Marco to his room.

Princess Ayla showed up, wondering what had happened. He assured her nothing happened and wished her goodnight. She, then, grabbed his shoulder, halting him. She asked if he wanted some company tonight while slowly leaning into him. He rejected her advances and shoved her hand off his shoulder. He bid her goodnight once more before walking away. I followed suit while keeping my head down. I could feel her eyes bore into the side of my head.

As we enter His Majesty's chamber, he commanded me to draw him a bath then prepare his bed. Once done, I asked,"Is there anything you wish me to do before I leave for tonight, Your Majesty?"

"I wish you would stop calling me Your Majesty while we are not in public." he suddenly said.

I blink a few times, trying to comprehend what he just said. I gather my thoughts,"Well, what do you wish for me to call you?"

"You may call me Luca."

𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 15

𝒯𝓇𝒶𝓃𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈(𝒾𝓃 𝒪𝓇𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒻 𝒜𝓅𝓅𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒):

No translations for this chapter

𝒩𝑜𝓉𝑒: How was chapter 15? Please don't be shy, your feedback/vote would be greatly appreciated! See you next Monday! Bye! :)