ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 18

Published 7/20/20

Annalise/Ann's POV

A few weeks have passed since the encounter with the mysterious stranger in my bedroom. My back is slowly healing. Everyday Agnola comes to apply the cream on my back. The skin is slowly healing over but unfortunately it will leave scars.

"Agnesia, the day that I woke, where was everybody late that night?" I ask curiously. Surely, if people were up late, they would have seen my mysterious visitor.

"Everyone was asleep. Why are you asking me this?"

I shake my head, "No reason," I did not what to worry Agnesia about the stranger. She gives me a questionable look but decides not to pester me further.

I am still not able to do my normal duties so while I'm still slowly gaining my strength back, I help Agnola and Agnesia with their duties

I am still not able to do my normal duties so while I'm still slowly gaining my strength back, I help Agnola and Agnesia with their duties. I am helping Agnesia fold some laundry, well not really, she just passes the folded laundry to me and I place them in the basket.

"Have you heard that His Majesty's advisors have been coercing him to marry Princess Ayla?" She states.

I shake my head, "No I did not. Do you think he will marry her?"

She shrugs her shoulders, "I cannot say, but he didn't look particularly fond of her at the ball."

Luca cannot marry her. He must know what kind of person she is. She framed me, almost forces me to tell her about him, and not mention Marco and her share secret glances. No, he cannot marry her.

Luca's P.O.V

It has been a few weeks since Ann was lashed. I haven't seen her since that night I snuck in to see her. Why do I care so much for this servant? Why do I feel the need to protect her? My thoughts are broken when a servant enters. He bows, "Your Majesty, your advisors are here to see you."

I nod my head, "Send them in." Three advisors enter my study. They bow in unison.

"Your Majesty, we wish to discuss something with you."One of the says.

"Proceed," I lean my head in my hand that is resting on the armrest.

"Your Majesty, we know that you are of age to get married and to produce an heir for the future of this kingdom."

I let out a sigh, "We have talked about this before."

"Yes, but at your age your father was already married to your mother and within a year she was with child." Another states.

"Well, I am not my father!" My blood was boiling. How dare they compare me to my father?

"Of Course Your Majesty, but might we suggest Princess Ayla. She seemed taken by you."

I chuckle, "That debauch women?! Oh please, she has been with every eligible men. That is something that I do not want in a Queen."

"But-"

I interject, "Gentleman, I told you my thoughts, now please go."

"No!" One says while standing his ground. I look at him with an hard stare.

"Your Majesty, we need a Queen and an heir. You will marry Princess Ayla unless you can find a suitable women to become the future Queen." He looked at me dead in the eye. With that said, they bowed and left the study.

𝔈𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 18

𝒯𝓇𝒶𝓃𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈(𝒪𝓇𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒻 𝒜𝓅𝓅𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒):

No translations for this chapter

𝒩𝑜𝓉𝑒: How was Chapter 18? Your votes and comments would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for 2K reads! I am really happy that people are liking my book! Thank you again! See you next time!