ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 14

Published 6/9/20

𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝒶 𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑔 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇! 𝐸𝓃𝒿𝑜𝓎!

Annalise/Ann's POV

Today is the day for the ball. I am rather excited to see all the nobles that are coming in their attire.

All the servants woke early in the morn to start this long day. I woke too, wanting to see how everything would run and help where I am needed.

The kitchen was busy, of course, like always. The sound of clashing pots and pans and the smell of polish for the trays filled my senses. Agnola was barking orders and servants scurrying off to follow them. Before I could even ask to help, Angola ordered Agnesia and I to go to the herb garden to pick basil, dill, and parsley. We head out with a basket.

"Are you excited for the ball tonight, Ann?" Agnesia turns to me with a smile.

"Very. This would be my first event here at the castle. I am excited to see everyone dressed in their attire."

"Yes, that is very exciting. What is even more exciting is when we sneak off."

"Sneak off? Doing what?"

"We sneak to the garden to have our own party." Agnesia says with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

I giggle. clever idea, I thought. We make our way to the herb garden. We pick the herbs that Angola told us to get. Once the basket is full with the herbs, we head back to the kitchen.

When finished helping in the kitchen, I head to His Majesty's room with Lorenzo. Upon entering the room, I am surprised to see His Majesty up already.

I place the breakfast in its usual spot on the table and start to make the bed. I pull the sheets tight, then smooth out the wrinkles out with my hands.

I see Lorenzo picking out the attire for tonight. His Grace looks at himself in the mirror as he held each option up to his body. He squinted his eyes and sighed, for he can't decide.

"Ann, what do you think?" He finally said.

My eyes went wide for a moment. I am completely shocked that he would ask me. Even Lorenzo seemed stunned.

My eyes peered at each option. The red one was made with expensive materials. It had a high lace up that started from mid-chest up to his neck. The blue one was the same, but seemed more tailored to him. The blue would certainly bring out his eyes.

"The blue one, Your Majesty." I replied.

"The blue one it is, Lorenzo."

Lorenzo nodded and hung it in front of the wardrobe. Lorenzo continued getting the king ready for the day.

As the night drew closer, servants were doing the finishing touches in the great hall and in the ballroom. The orchestra had arrived to set up and tune their instruments. None of the guests had arrived yet.

Marco and the King were in the library discussing about tonight when suddenly there was a knock at the door. I answered it. It was a porter telling me someone was arriving.

"It appears that guests are arriving, My Lord." I announced.

We ushered downstairs where servants were ready to greet the guests. They bowed when the King entered. They stood at an angle where they would be the first faces that the guest would see. I stood behind the King, but curiosity got the best of me. I peeked from the side, trying to see who this person was.