|[32]|

Levi would never dare to say it aloud, but he understood how you felt, the way it made you feel and the comfort it provided. He just nodded and that was enough for you.

-----

When the two of you broke away from the embrace Levi awkwardly pat your head, saying you shouldn't worry so much about 'shitty feelings'. That had made you chuckle, you had to admit.

You stayed in his office for awhile after that, hanging around on the couch. This time without your feet on it, and if you did put your feet on you kicked off your sneakers first.

Meanwhile Levi worked at his desk going through a load of paperwork. You were mentally making a list of all the things you'd have to discuss and explain tomorrow.

You leaned back on the couch with closed eyes as you tried to figure out where to start explaining everything.

"-Shitty brat, are you even awake?" Instantly you opened your eyes to see Levi standing at the door.

"It's time for dinner."

"Ok," you stood up, "I guess I was just zoning out."

"Zoning out with your eyes closed?" He raised his eyebrow, "pretty sure that's sleep."

You rolled your eyes as you followed him, and together the two of you walked together to the mess hall.

-meanwhile-

"I swear they're getting closer, and I ain't having it!" Akame said as she slammed her fork in the table. Demian, Jax and Lillian had already joined her.

"I mean I get your point, but what if it makes her happy?" Jax, as silent supporter of your closeness with Levi, tried to calm Akame to the best of his ability.

"Looks like I'll be 20 dollars richer in the near future." Demian said happily as he stretched his arms, "you hear that? It sounds like Akame is about to lose her bet." He teased as the still fuming girl.

"You guys made a bet on who she would end up with?" Lillian asked, pretty amused by the whole happening as well.

"Shut your shithole Demian, before I stuff you back in that basement with my own fucking hands." Akame let her head fall into her arms which were folded on the table.

"That's fine, I'll buy my freedom with those 20 bucks you're gonna have to give me." Akame just groaned in response.

"Demian, who did you bet she would end up with?"

"No one" Demian said proud as he looked at Akame's skeptical look.

"Who did she bet on?"

"Luca." A muffled sound came from Akame's arms but it was clear enough for Lillian to make out.

"My brother?!" Now it was her turn to be surprised, Lillian made a grossed out face imagining her brother with her captain, someone she viewed as an older sister.

"Does it matter if she ends up happy though?" Jax piped in once more trying to bring peace to whatever decision you would make.

"That's it!" Akame shot up from her arms and pointed a prying finger at Demian.

"Huh?"

"If she ends up with that dwarf look a like, she ended up with someone. Therefore you lost as much as I did!"

"Hey! I couldn't account for a time travel adventure!"

"Neither could I, you tall piece of shit, so we're even. That means a draw!" Akame said excitedly.