Chapter 3

Sophia's P.O.V

I woke up to my pet cat tapping at my face. I release a sigh and decide to get up. I throw my legs over my bed and stand up. I feel a tug on my jersey. I look down to see my black five-week-old kitten, shadow, hanging from my baggy clothing.

Scooping her into my arms, I  make my way to my walk-in closet. It's 5 am and I normally wake up at 6 and go for a run. Since it's an hour early I decide to go to the gym downstairs.

A sports bra hugs my chest as I slip on some leggings. I wear a big jersey over it all and throw my hair in a ponytail and make my way back downstairs with shadow in my arms. I pass in the kitchen to grab a bottle of water and head to the gym.

I walk into the gym and it's empty. Most people wake up around 10. I set shadow down in a corner and gave her a lightweight to play with, the ones with rubber over them that can roll.

I take off the jersey and wrap my hands while walking over to the punching bag. I take my position with my feet apart and knees bent and begin my stress release.

Punch

Punch

Kick

Punch

Punch

I continue my assault on the punching bag until my knuckles begin to bleed. That's the only way to let my anger out, I have to beat something. I do some other exercises to build my core and also do some squats to build my buttocks.

I put on the jersey and call shadow to follow me. I head to my bedroom to take a shower. After getting out of the bathroom. I feed shadow and I get dressed. Simple jeans and a black long-sleeved top.t

I put some healing cream on my knuckles and load my gun. I tuck it into my waistband. I open my door and let the black furball run out. She usually plays with the teens or off-duty guards.

Walking to Antonio's office I hear grunts.

Disgusting.

I decide to wait for him to finish and head back to my room. I take my chair out of my room and put it next to my door.

Soon enough the lady exists and I have to hide the shock on my face. It's our mafia doctor, Maria. She always seemed so innocent, she was 42 and Antonio was 46 so she probably wanted someone around her age.

He whispers something in her ear and she nods. I clear my throat, making their heads snap in my direction. Maria waves bye to Antonio with a blush. She leaves and I walk behind Antonio into his office.

He doesn't even sense me. I close his door with a soft bang. Trying not to wake up Zuri. He spins around and looks at me with a blank expression but I can see right through him.

"Cat caught your tongue?" I say while taking out my dagger from my phone case and twirling it in my hands.

He gulps. "What do you want Sophia," he says with an eye roll.

"Playing confident are we? Let's see how long that lasts,"

"Sit," I push him in the chair and circle him.

"If you touch a red hair on my sister's head I will kill you, you know that right?" I say,  my voice laced with venom.

"You won't kill your father, now would you darling?" He asks with a smirk.