Sick day

Ten years later
Azrael's pov

I woke up in my spacious apartment and began getting dressed. I was doing my light makeup when I got a call. I saw that Alfred was calling me which was rare at best. "Hello, Alfred." I said into the phone. Suddenly Alfred coughed. "Hello Miss Cannan, it seems I have become ill. Do you think you could possibly take care of the Wayne's?" Alfred asked. "Oh of course Alfred. I am glad you called me. I will be over in ten minutes." I replied. "Thank you, miss." He said as he coughed again. I smiled and hung up. I grabbed a coffee and rushed out the door. In ten minutes I arrived at Wayne Manor in my black Porsche. I opened the house with my keys and stepped in. "AZIE." Dick shouted as he flew towards me. He launched himself into my arms and hugged me. I laughed at the fact that I had a grown man hugging me. "Hey, Azrael." Jason said as he smiled and hugged me. "Hey mom I love seeing ya, but why are you here?" Jason asked. "Well, Alfred called me saying that he needed help because he was sick." I explained. "Ah okay, that makes sense." Dick said. I looked at Tim's face and I sighed. "Your Father has another woman over doesn't he?" I asked. "Yeah, he does." Tim said defeatedly. I rolled my eyes and smiled. I walked into the kitchen and began meal prep. "Who the Hell are you?" A cold voice asked behind me. I turned around and saw a small green-eyed, black-hair child. I sighed loudly. "Oh, I see you have met Demon spawn." Jason said with his arms crossed. I furrowed my brows. "My brother doesn't have a kid." I muttered quietly. "What did you say imbecile?" The child snapped. "Hey, if you are going to insult me. Then make the insults factual." I fired back as I started making eggs and nana bread. "Alrighty get ready for school Tim and...?" I trailed on. "Oh, his name is Damian." Dick said. "Thank you Dickie." I thanked as I pointed with the spatula I was using. "No problem mom." Dick said back with a smile. Suddenly Damian lurched forward and threw up his stomach contents. I grimaced at the sight. "I should not have worn white today." I mumbled earning a few snickers from the boys. "Alrighty, let's get you back to bed." I said as I rubbed Damian's back. "I am fine." Damian grumbled. Then he suddenly passed out. I quickly caught him before he hit the ground. "Doesn't he have a magnetic personality." Jason sneered. I picked Damian up and whipped off the throw up. "I can tell Damian has seen more than children of his age. He is trying to protect himself from harm. So he makes himself seem to mean, as a way to defend himself. Think of Damian like a porcupine. Rough on the outside, but sweet, kind, and loving on the inside." I explained to the boys. The boys looked at me with wonder and confusion. "How can you tell?" Tim asked. "Yeah, you haven't known Damian for more than ten minutes." Jason added. "I have been surrounded by people like Damian for more years than I can count. I can tell if a child has been hurt when I see one." I say sadly. I rested his head on my shoulder and walked up the stairs. I changed Damian into a soft sweater and layer him in bed. I tucked him in and moved his hair out of his face. I studied his face and saw a long scar on his right eye. I felt fury rise from my chest and I looked up to the sky. "Father, why do you let your children get hurt?" I asked. As usual, I received no reply from my dad. I frowned and left to do my duties. I grabbed the women's clothes from Bruce's nightly fun and placed them in the washer. Then I walked downstairs to clean up the throw-up. "Is Dami okay?" Dick asked as he ate the breakfast I made them. "Yes, he will be okay." I replied. I grabbed the mop and cleaned up Damian's sick. As I was mopping Bruce walked down the stairs. He looked up at me with wide eyes. "Ugh, Az." He quickly shut himself up and cleared his throat. "Miss.Cannan, what brings you to Wayne Manor." Bruce asked seriously. I smiled and shook my head. "Well Mr.Wayne, Alfred called me this morning saying that he needed help for he was ill." I stated. "Oh well thank you for helping." Bruce thanked. I nodded my head and continued mopping. Bruce moved to take his breakfast. When he suddenly stopped. "Why are you mopping the floor and where is Damian?" Bruce asked slightly concerned. "The poor thing is sick and he fainted. However, I laid him down in his bed and I am prepared to take care of him. If you let me." I stated. "Oh, Azrael you know that you are like the boy's mom. You are definitely allowed to be around Damian. Just be careful, he can be a little." Bruce trailed on. "Protective." I answered for him. "Yes, that was the word I was looking for." Bruce explained. I walked over and made the chicken broth for Damian. "Whatcha making?" Jason asked. "Damian's stomach is too weak for solid foods. So I made him broth." I answered. "My stomach is not weak." Damian growled. I looked straight at him. "You will be feeling better, but you young man are not going to school today." I said sternly. Damian started cursing at me in Arabic. I smirked as I understood everything. "Damian, you think that just because you can speak in another langue you can curse at me?" I asked with a raised brow. Damian looked horrified at me and the boys looked at me shocked. "You know how to speak Arabic mom?" Dick asked. "That I do." I answered as I gave Bruce his breakfast. "Since when?" Jason pushed. "I have to know Arabic long before I met any of you." I said as I remember my night job. "If you don't mind me asking. Why would you need to know the language?" Tim asked. "I work with plenty of people who only know their native language. So I make it my job to know theirs." I stated. Tim seemed satisfied with my answer however Dick did not. "Do you know Romanian?" Dick asked. "Dick do not put Azrael on the spot like that." Bruce said. "Of course I do Dickie." I replied. Dick's eyes widened and so did Bruce's. "How many languages do you know?" Bruce asked now utterly confused. "Far too many to count." I proclaimed as I shook my head. I poured Damian's broth for him and placed it on the table. I walked away and began doing the dishes. "Father, must you leave me with your overpaid women toy?" Damian growled in Japanese. I turned around and gave Damian the "are you kidding me look" Damian looked at me with confusion and then horror. "Does anyone know what he just said?" Jason asked. "Yes.I can understand you loud and clear Damian and I will have you know. The relationship between your father and I is strictly personal." I hissed dangerously in Japanese. Damian bowed his head at me and ate his soup. I have placed the dishes in the dishwasher when my phone rang. I sighed loudly and walked outside. I picked up the call and held the phone to my ear. "Hello, Brother." I said. "Hello, Ray Ray." The smooth, devilish voice of my brother coaxed back. "Well, Lucy you and I both know you don't call me unless you need something. So what do you want?" I snapped. "Jesus Azrael no need to get snappy with me. I am just asking to borrow your gift from dad."