xii - show me around

We were in a situation and I needed to bail us out.  We had a moment but we can't afford to let things cloud us up , so I did the first thing that popped in my head . Of course I didn't think it through . As Alex began his tour , I forgot at some point we'd see his bedroom . Not that I'm thinking about jumping him but whatever moment we had earlier..... never mind.  I can't think about it.

His place was rather large . He has a whole area dedicated for fitness . He had an indoor rockwall built around his actual gym . Of course his entertainment room was impressive with oversized recliners . He had a few guestroom and 3 bathrooms, that I've counted so far .

The last stop was his bedroom. As we got closer my heart began to pound harder . Why? What was I expecting? He opened the door and what I saw was a spectacular view of the city . Since we were near the top the windows had the perfect display of the hustle and bustle below us.

Without thinking about what I was doing I took several steps further in to catch a glimpse from his window . I tried not to lean on it so that I didn't dirty it up with my fingerprints.  I must've been in complete awe because I heard Alex chuckle behind me.

His mere presence was making my knees buckle once I realized I was in his bedroom and it was just the two of us .

"It's a sight , isn't it?" He asks me.

I continue to peer out into the horizon, "it's so beautiful . Chaotic but relaxing all at the same time."

"Mhmm," he responds as he takes a closer step to me . I can feel his heat radiating off his body , that's how close he was standing.  I closed my eyes trying to absorb the current situation I found myself in.

All week I denied any kind of attraction to Alex . Played it off , saying that we HAD to pretend. But at this very moment it's hard for me to pretend that I'm not attracted to him . Just his scent is enough to make me swoon. He moved in closer , pressing his body behind me.  When I didn't turn around to question him he wrapped his arms around my waist while resting his chin on my shoulder .

This was a dangerous position but my brain was turning into puddle . Alex then whispered, "you are truly an amazing woman Aria." That was what made me turn around.

His deep voice commanded my body and as I came face to face with my fake boyfriend I recognized the look of desire flicker in his eyes. I sucked in my bottom lip and he took that as the greenlight to ki--

::ring ring ring:::

Of course someone would call right when I was about to experience my first kiss with Alex. He waved at his phone to ignore the call and tried to resume what we were about to do .

He leaned down again , his lips ghosting mine . This was it , just this one time and then no more . As he was about to claim my lips --

::ring ring ring::

"Damnit, who could they be?!" He says out of frustration.

He grabs his phone , "this better be important!" He yells.

"Warren? Is that you? Are you- are you drunk? You're here?" He gives me a glance , "Okay, I'll come get you , stay there."

Alex sighs and then turns to me , "I'm so sorry about that.  Looks like Warren needs some company, are you okay with that?"

"I can leave..." I start to say.

"No! I want you to stay."

I nod at him , "Okay." If I'm being honest with myself , I don't want to leave either . Whatever began to happen just moments ago was something I wasn't expecting and something I didn't even know I wanted .