xliv - something new

♡♡♡
●ALEX POV●

Aria had invited me to come visit Trip but unfortunately I had so many things I needed to take care of today. Both she and Warren left this morning and thankfully a lot of the paperwork and meetings of importance were due last week. I was able to catch up with my role in the company as Warren's second hand and honestly, it was a very seamless transition. The only difficulty was finding a good assistant . For this week, I'm borrowing his temp .

Too bad she's decided not to stay on board when her contract runs out but I can't blame her for wanting a job that uses her degree.  "Mr. Wells?" She knocks on my door .

"Come on in," I permit her.

"I know someone that would fit perfectly for this role . And although I haven't been here long to be able to be trusted for a recommendation,  I think you should take a look at this resume," she says handing it to me.

"Did the applicant go through the online portal?" I ask as I skim through the sheet.

"No, but trust me when I say she's one of the best ," she tells me confidently.

"Tell me how you know her," in the short time I've worked with this temp, we've grown to appreciate her hard work . That's why we were upset when she turned down the full time position.

"She's my husband's sister, my sister in law," she admits, "she just moved here from across the coast . As you see she worked as a PA for Goldsmiths and if you need to check on her background , it's all there with letters of recommendations, " as soon as she said Goldsmiths,  I knew exactly who she was talking about.  EVERYONE has heard of Jasmine Bello and as I thought of the name , that's when I read it on the resume.

"Jasmine Bello," I said softly , "why did she move?"

"Honestly?" She asked.

"Yes."

"You didn't hear this from me and please do not let this be a reason to not consider her, but because of love," she tells me , "she had a very bad falling out with an ex and she needed to leave town . "

"So the rumors were true, that she and what's his name," I begin to ask.

"Yes, Jacob Goldsmith the son of the CEO, used her . He knew that she was precious commodity in the business world, he also saw her as a trophy of sorts . I don't have to tell you the rumors about her beauty are true. Anyway, she caught him in some unethical practices and other things . They had a major disagreement and couldn't stay . She spoke to the CEO about leaving and he wrote her letters of recommendation to help."

"Wow," I say , "please ask her to come in for an interview . I'll let HR know that she can come directly to my office. "

I know this isn't standard protocol , but I couldn't pass up the chance to bring the legend of all personal assistants to the office . Forget the personal messy things, she has been someone many have tried for years to get into their company . I heard that she was getting ready for a promotion when everything fell apart .

I fumbled for my phone to call Warren, "hello? Everything okay?" He answers.

"I wanted to let you know I have a resume in my hands , I let this applicant bypass standard interview protocols and come directly to me," I know he's going to be mad but not for too long.