xviii - no distractions

♡♡♡
●ALEX POV●

After lunch we changed into something a little more comfortable to sit out on the beach and dip our toes in the water . We ran around and splashed each other laughing until out stomach's hurt . The trip started awkward with how I handled the kiss in the car and the double meaning with talking about meat .

Aria is definitely a light and a force to be reckoned with , "Stop.... stop,  Alex! Put me down," she giggled as I lifted her in my arms pretending to drop her in the ocean .

I gently put her back down onto her feet and held onto her a little bit longer , "I would never drop you Aria , I'd never let any danger come to you," I told her .

She didn't move either and we stayed in this position for a few minutes. My heart beating quickly as I felt the warmth of being next to her travel throughout my body.

"I'm getting hungry , Alex."

"Me too, should we to back inside?" I look down at her and she nods.

I let her go, even though I didn't want to . It was as if my body refused because I immediately felt an ache .

We walked back into the beach house and I told her I was going to shower off before dinner . Aria asked me if I had anything special planned and I told her to dress casually . I had ordered food the day before to have it delivered here at 7 . I thought about taking her to one of the restaurants here but I felt like being selfish and decided that having it at the house was better . No distractions.

At 6:50 the food was already here . She was still in her room getting ready , so I went ahead and laid out the plates . Pulling out some candles I lit them to set the ambiance.  When she came out of the room , she had her hair swept to the side and the pretty red floral sundress she wore just took my breath away . It was like I was looking at an Angel stepping out of heaven .

She nervously tucked her hair behind her ears and then glanced at the dinner table, "Alex, this looks amazing! Don't tell me you cooked this up while I was in the shower."

I chuckled , "I'm good but not THAT good . I had ordered all of this yesterday to be delivered tonight . I hope you like it."

She placed her hand on her chest , "you are truly the sweetest . I guess I get to reap the benefits of being your fake girlfriend , huh?"

That stung a little . A couple weeks ago I  couldn't care less but tonight , I do care . I do want to make this fake relationship into something real. She sat down across from me and smiled.

"Wine?" I ask as I open the bottle .

"Most definitely," she said with glee.

Once dinner was over and we had more laughs about our day and other things we were dealing with I suggested we take a walk outside . She nodded and we got up from our seats.

Then everything felt like it was going in slow motion . We didn't talk as we were guided only the light of the moon . A cool breeze passed and Aria shivered slightly . Without thinking much of it I pulled her into my arms to give her some warmth.

It was then that everything stopped as she looked up at me with my arms wrapped around her . My heart was thumping so hard that I was afraid that maybe she heard it and thought I was going into cardiac arrest . But no , she just looked at me.