Vampire Guardian: Chapter 48.

Chapter 48.

All I Want - Kodaline

Two Days Later

As I'm folding the laundry in my bedroom, I hear the front door open and footsteps entering. I know it's Peter because he told me in advance that he was going to stop by. Eventually Peter comes in view, his body leaning up against the doorway.

I look up to him and there's a long yet sad smile on his lips. I place the basket down on the ground and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Hey," I say softly with a smile on my lips.

"How are your stitches?" He asks and I look at my shoulder. It's a little bruised but still healing.

"It's okay, doesn't hurt much. Only my leg whenever I sit weird." I admit and he nods his head, looking away from me. I furrow my eyebrows. "What's wrong?" I ask, feeling a bit worried. He slowly approaches me and places his hand on my arm.

"Close your eyes and follow me." I listen to his soft command and I close my eyes willingly. Peter guides me out of my bedroom and into the hallway. He stops me from walking and I hear something jingle. "Now open them."

I do and stare ahead in confusion. I gaze down to the noise and in a small opened box, there sat a little kitten. I cover my mouth in shock before smiling.

"Peter," Is all I can say because I am in so much shock to the little fella staring up at me.

"Do you like him?" He replies, picking the kitty up while it meowed. His tail dashingly puffs up. "At first the cats there didn't like me but somehow he wasn't afraid." Peter places him on my chest and I grip on his small body.

His fur is black and grey with emerald green eyes. I start to pet him lightly and his purrs were long and soothing like a melody. As I stare in amazement at the pet Peter got me, something was still off.

Peter walks away from standing in front of me and goes into the living room. His head is held down low and the smile on his face vanished. There is something wrong with him and he isn't telling me.

The way he shook as he spoke and how his eyes roamed the room is telling me something else. I follow him into the living room where he is staring at the various of posters. I place the kitten on the couch before walking besides him.

"You got me the kitty for a reason." I confront him and he shakes his head.

"It's a gift. Thanking you for everything you have done for me." He faces me and gives me a smug smile.

"There's something else you aren't telling me." I push because I want him to tell me. I grow worried and he exhales deeply. The kitten jumps off the couch and starts to run around.

"It's better if I leave."

"What?!" I shout in shock. He looks away and sighs.

"You don't understand-" Peter tries to explain but I cut him off.

"You can't leave now, Peter. After everything we've been through? What you've been through over the years!" I scoff while he listened to me complain. "So what? The kitten was a goodbye present?" He shakes his head, taking a step closer.

He closes the gap between us and caresses my hands. I look down in sadness, trying not to let the tears fill my eyes.

"Listen, as much as I thought about this, this is the right decision." My throat starts to close and my body starts to ache. Fog starts to cloud up my thoughts and I can't talk. My mouth is wide open but words aren't coming out.

"You can't leave. I'm alone, Peter. When my dad died, you weren't here. I was afraid and alone. I-it didn't sit right as you were basically dead and I was by myself. It made me sick." He brings my hands up to his mouth and kisses them.