Chapter Seventeen

The next morning Josh takes Victoria home. When they land she sees her best friends and immediately breaks down. Josh ends up having to carry her to Isla's car and she crawls into the back seat with Henley.

"He came looking for you," Henley holds her hand. Victoria can only stare straight ahead. "He met my left hook and would've met the pocket knife but I left it at Isla's."

That got her to smile for a second but then she breaks down crying again. Isla is sitting in the front seat looking back at her.

"Next?" Isla asks.

Victoria nods her head, "Next,"

"Next?" Henley tries to confirm.

Victoria lays her head in Henley's lap and can't help but sob more, "Next,"

"Ok, next it is then," She runs her fingers in Victoria's hair trying to calm her down.

"What the hell does next mean?" Josh is confused.

"Mean's she is leaving and won't tell us where she's going until she is fully settled," Isla explains.

"No!" Josh looks back and forth between Victoria and driving.

"Josh, don't," Isla rubs his arm. Her voice pleads that he understands.

"Fuck that, Victoria don't up and leave us!" He tries again.

"Josh, she will call," Henley says a bit more harshly.

"NO!" he screams. "I swear I'll slit your tires," he threatens.

"The hell you will," Isla warns.

"You like your balls? G walked away with his and I'm aching to slice a bitch," Henley warns.

"The hell is wrong with you?" Josh stunned into the response.

"I don't like people screwing with my friends!" she starts. "She's been through enough in life. What she needs are understanding and support. This is what she does to process her feelings. We support her or you won't know a fucking thing from here on out. Do you understand?"

"Crystal clear," Josh says through gritted teeth.

"Josh, I appreciate everything you did for me. I promise to call," Victoria tries to calm the situation.

"Can we at least get a hint?" He asks gently.

Victoria looks at her friends. "Oscar,"

They nod their head and know where she is heading.

"Where is Oscar?" Josh starts to panic, "Wait! Oscar passed away! Victoria, you aren't talking like I think you are?"

"It's where Oscar is buried. Not that," She explains.

"Where?" He pushes a bit further. He realizes that they didn't even talk in-depth about Oscar.

"I'll tell you soon enough, ok?"

Josh tenses up keeping his eyes on the road. Isla and Henley know where Oscar is but won't tell him. When they arrive at Victoria's house she gives everyone a hug. She stops and holds onto Josh extra tight hoping to relieve some tension from the situation.

"I promise to text you or call you. I promise to tell you where I am when I am ready," She quietly says to Josh.

He nods his head and lets her go. They wave goodbye to their friend, for however long.

She heads inside and starts to secure everything inside the house. Securing the house to her truck she climbs in and heads out. Next... Oscar's home. Colorado. He had always loved the mountains and had asked that Colorado be his final place of rest.