Chapter Twenty-Six

It's been over a week since they got married and fully moved into their new house. Victoria can't believe how amazing everything has been. Tiny bit is due any day now and Gunnar has been watching and hovering everywhere she goes. It's sweet but it's a little much.

He is in the city at the center today working on the Summer fundraising event. They decided to do a block party for the neighborhood. They have vendors, bakers, food trucks, local businesses setting up tents and will donate a portion of proceeds to the center. They will have a donation box at the tent in front of the center with informational packets and Volunteers giving tours of the center all day. It's become a big event and even bigger since Hudson offered to make an appearance. A big Major League Baseball player and all. News and media have been nonstop.

Once his name was dropped, vendors were all eager to sign up. Plus, they realized that Gunnar and Hudson were brothers and that was more people looking at the Gunnar and at the center. Hudson never talks about his personal life in the media with what happened with his mom and ex-girlfriend trying to exploit him. He learned early on in life not to talk about his personal life, but never lied about it.

When Hudson did the rare social media post about the event than an interview for local news, he dropped the bomb of him and Gunnar being brothers. Gave Everett a huge shoutout as the next up and coming photographer, but of course, he used her Pen name. With what happened with her, she doesn't operate under her real name.

This beast of a party has blown up.

Victoria is putting her purse together to head to the store, she decides to give Gunnar a quick call just to let him know. She hates that he worries so much.

"Hey, baby,"

"Hey!" he starts, "WAIT! Is everything ok?"

She laughs at him, "Yes! I am just getting some cabin fever so I am heading to the store to do some shopping. Do you need anything?"

"No, just be careful. Call if you need anything,"

"I will, I love you,"

"I love you,"

She hangs up shaking her head. Driving around she decides to just go to the home goods store and walk around. They don't need anything, she just likes to look. Secretly she hopes this will start the labor process. She is so wrapped up in the bedding section that she accidentally bumps into someone.

"Oh! I am so sorry I didn't see..." She can't even finish her sentence looking up at the snake of a person.

"Hello, Vickie," Jake snarls. "Fancy seeing you here. You look... glowing. Pregnancy suits you,"

"Thank you, well I need to go, have a good day," She tries to walk away. Jake grabs her arm a little too hard.

"Hold on friend," the way he says that just sends a shiver up her spine and not in a good way. "You know Ashley and I are completely done. She was too oblivious and dumb to be able to handle life. Not like you though. I've always been impressed with how you handle things,"

He starts to rub his fingers over the arm that he is holding on to. "Please let me go," She whispers.

"Come on, don't be selfish. I am just being a friend,"

"We are not friends. Never were and never will be," She asserts.

"You and that mouth..." He grabs her other arm and pulls her close to him, close enough to where he can kiss her.

Victoria is struggling to getaway. "STOP!"

"Gunnar is too good for you, you know that!"

"Just stop!"