Chapter Eighteen

Victoria was sitting in a diner where she worked rolling silverware when Josh walks through the door. She watches in shock of him walking towards her and sitting down.

"Hey, beautiful friend," he smiles warmly.

"You're here,"

"I'm here,"

"How did you find me?" Victoria looks around to see if anyone else is with him. To see if Gunnar is with him.

"I know people," he winks at her.

"What?!"

"Just kidding, well I know someone who is good at tracking people. Victoria, Isla, and Henley are here at the hotel in town. I told them I was getting food, and I will, but I need to see you first before they bombard you," he says with a serious tone. "I want to talk to you about Gunnar,"

Victoria feels panic in her chest, scared that something bad had happened. "Is he ok? Oh god, what happened?"

"No, no beautiful he's fine, well not really. He's devastated about what happened. He sold everything and moved back home for a bit. He doesn't go around the center that much and handles everything remotely.

"Josh... I..." Victoria tries to explain.

"Just listen. I came all this way,"

She nods her head and waits to listen.

"Can I show you something?" She nods her head again and Josh pulls his phone out and hands it to her. "Press play,"

Victoria looks down at the phone and sees that it is a video of that night. The night that everything in her died. "Josh, please don't make me watch this!" she begs.

"Just press play. I promise I wouldn't track you down, fly all the way here just to destroy the last bit of you," He makes a point.

Victoria wipes the tears that have fallen away and decides to trust Josh at this moment. He wouldn't do all of this to throw it in her face. She presses play and what she sees instead of hurt, infuriates her. Ashley and Jake carry Gunnar into the house, stripping him to his boxers and laying him in bed. He is completely out of it. Jake yells at Ashley to do what she's told. She strips naked and gets in bed with Gunnar. Close to Gunnar. Jake waits a few minutes snapping a couple of pictures then walks out leaving Ashley there. Ashley moves as far away from him as she can and falls asleep. Then the mess from when she walked in on what she thought they hooked up. The video keeps going and Victoria is full-blown crying at this point. The fight between them and her walking out. She watches Gunnar destroying his place, a place he called their home.

"Josh...I,"

"He is here too," He says to her shocked face. "He's the one who originally found out you were in Boulder. He called me and I got my people on you. He is dying to see you. Tell me now, right now, do you want to see him? If not, I need to prepare him. He's down, farther than I've seen him and from what his dad says, he is worse than when his real dad passed away. I am not trying to sway you, I just need clarification on what you really want,"

Without hesitation, "I want to see him, I want him, I love him, Josh I need him. So very much,"

"Thank god! Fuck you women are difficult!"

"But..."

"Nope, no buts,"

"Josh," she says standing up.

His eyes go wide staring at her. "Did not see that curveball,"

"Will he hate me?"

"NO! Don't even think that!"