Chapter Twenty-One

It's been a little over a week since they've been home and so far it has been amazing for Victoria. Gunnar has to run into the city for meetings and to reestablish things with the center. From what Josh said, when Gunnar disconnected from the city, he literally disconnected from everything. That broke Victoria's heart as she knows the passion and love he has for the center and the mentorship of the kids.

They start today with Ben, Sadie, and Gunnar giving her a tour of Gunnar's part of the property. They drive over different parts and come across an old barn. Victoria is mesmerized by the barn and the views. The proximity to Ben and Sadie is close enough but still has enough space for privacy.

"What's this building," Victoria points.

"It's an old barn. It has been here since we bought it. The previous owners said they stopped using it years ago. We thought of tearing it down," Ben explains.

"Why?!" Victoria says shocked.

"It looks like it's in bad shape," Ben points to some missing siding.

"Vic, what are you thinking?" Gunnar asks curiously.

"Home," She says smiling. She is looking at this old run-down building with such love.

"Wouldn't you want to build something brand new?" Gunnar asks.

"No,"

"Can I ask why?" Sadie says.

The lightbulb in Ben's head goes off and he's on the same page as Victoria. "I'm with her,"

"You get it, Ben, right?"

"Yeah sweet girl, I totally get it!" Ben looks at the building in the same way she does.

"Fill me in," Sadie asks and Gunnar nods. Both still clueless about what they are wanting.

"It looks like it might fall apart but these types of structures were built to last! I mean it's still standing and you give life again to something.. I mean..." Victoria tries to explain.

"It's like your relationship," Ben points to Victoria and Gunnar. "The foundation was always solid and structurally sound, but it had to be rebuilt,"

"You see it too," Victoria lets out a breath of relief. "It will also give us more space for more kids if we want,"

"Want?! Hell yes! We are building a soccer team!" Gunnar excitedly says.

"Whoa, let's get through this tiny bit, and then we will talk baby number's later," Victoria warns.

"I'd be happy with a soccer team," Sadie offers.

"Noted, thank you. Y'all are crazy," Victoria laughs.

"Sweet girl. We've said it before. Welcome to the family. Awkward as hell and proud of it!" Ben laughs.

"Ok, ok, I love it! Gunnar? What do you think?" Victoria hopes for an honest answer.

"I love the idea, it's a lot of work," He runs his hands through his beard.

"That we can do,"

"You want to restore this building? Pregnant and try to plan a wedding?" He asks her.

"You wanted everything with me. I want everything with you. If it takes years to accomplish it all then I'm willing to wait it out,"

Gunnar leans down and looks at her directly in the eyes. "Baby, we are not taking years to get married. We will restore this as our home and we will make as many kids as you are wanting to give,"