𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

𝚉𝙰𝚁𝙰
━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

So I got drunk and slept with Yasmin, that's not a big deal, right? Was it more than sex, or maybe I am having a hard time accepting the fact that I still have feelings for her?

Should I have slept with her last night? No. If Port Harcourt girls took a poll today, almost all would say they have done the same damn thing. I was only tipsy, not drunk, but the blame is on Nena—for taking me to that same party. She was going to pay for leaving me with Yasmin.

My phone buzzed again with another message from Nena, who could have saved me from what happened last night. Before I could open the front door, Nena had it open already.

"If you knew you were going to open the door, why send me a text?" I asked, rolling my eyes as I walked past her into the leaving room.

Questions were going to revolve around Yasmin, I could feel it. And on cue, "So what happened? Did you guys have sex or what?" She asked.

"Shush! I thought you said my mother was here in your text?" She nodded with a lopsided grin. "We hooked up sha. I couldn't hold myself as usual."

She twirled and sang. "Ok, this may come as a surprise to you, but I know Yasmin didn't reach out to you. That does not mean she wasn't asking about you."

"What do you mean by that?" I quickly lounged myself on the nearest couch to listen to the information she was about to spill.

"She asked me about you all the time, and she instructed me not to tell you until it was the right time."

I screamed in my mind. "The right time for what?" She shrugged. Yasmin kept saying the right time. What was it about? Wait, did she want to propose to me or something? Not in Nigeria, at all. I will just die.

Yasmin is good at telling people what to do, and that was one thing that made us bump heads a lot. She's good at giving commands, but shit at talking about how she feels, at least with me. She was so difficult to let anyone in unless she wants to break up or have sex with you. Aargh.

I was the pawn once again. "Nena, why is my mother in my house again?" I asked.

She came and sat down close to me, looking left and right like she didn't want anyone to hear what she had to say. "She came to help you pack your things, you know, moving in with your parents?"

I sighed. Lord knows being homeless can make you do stupid things.

"But Zara, if you ask me, I don't see why you want to move in with them. Your Event Planning business is doing so well, and I am sure you have enough funds to rent a place."

"Nena, I don't want to rent. I want to build my own house."

"Ok. But you can't live with your parents. Your mother will make your life miserable o! You can stay with Yasmin?" I stared deep into her eyes like she had said a dreadful thing. She rephrased and said, "Ok, stay with me?"

I scoffed at her. "So that brother of yours would find a reason to be visiting your place? I told you I am done with men."

"Zara Ebitemi!" I heard my name and turned in the direction to see my one and only mother walking out of the kitchen towards us. "Are you sure that you are tired of men?"

I cast a veiled glance on her as I stretched my legs. "Mummy, is this why you are here?"

She smiled, genuinely, which was a surprise. "I don't mean it in that way. I am just saying that I haven't seen that girlfriend of yours for a while now. Besides, you haven't introduced her to your parents. So that means you are no longer together, so you can't be tired of men yet."

I could hear Nena chuckle behind me, making me give her a nudge with my leg. "Honestly, I am done with men."

"Ok, if you say so. There is no point arguing with you. Anyway, I am here to help you pack, so when you are ready to move in with us, it won't be that stressful for you. Are you selling your expensive car?"

She just had to say it—everything she could say to remind me of Yasmin or the fact that Yasmin wasn't around anymore. "No, I am not selling it because it is what I get around with. And on a second note, I may have to move in with Nena. It makes more sense than moving in with my parents."

The look on her face changed immediately to a sad one. I thought it would have been like a relief to her since I felt like a burden. But your father and I had already prepared for you. It would have been like old times."

"Mummy, I am no longer a baby. We can still catch up like old times." This time it was my turn to act genuine. I stood up and leaned in to hug her, and I had missed her warmth and cuddles. This made me feel loved again.

"I love you, don't forget that," she whispered.

A tear almost dropped at those words. It had been a long time since I heard those words from my mother. I love you too, Mum.

I know, a very short chapter but I couldn't wait to put this up for you guys

I know, a very short chapter but I couldn't wait to put this up for you guys. Good news, this story has at least 8 more chapters before we come an end! Another thing, we made it to round one in The Soap Awards! Let's vote for more luck guys!