𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

𝚉𝙰𝚁𝙰
━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

Yasmin was good at spoiling me with expensive things; I learned that was her way of apologizing or saying thank you.

Today it was not a car, but the new Oyster Perpetual Datejust 31 Rolex watch. Nena said something like it was Yasmin's way of showing how much she loved me. Even if that was her love language, as Nena put it, it just didn't sit well with me.

Yasmin could buy the universe as many times as she wanted. I knew every time; I was going to run back to her and spread my legs open. It made me feel like she was buying my affections. I wasn't sure if I wanted to mention it because I feared losing her a second time. Maybe if she could go to a cheap store and get me a wrist band or something, I wouldn't be feeling this way. That won't count as buying my affection.

Right now, I was pushing the feeling back as I took my seat in her backyard that had been turned into an outdoor restaurant. It's as fancy as any Port Harcourt luxury restaurant, only outdoors. The waiters wore cufflinks, with bow ties and polished black shoes. This is not buying my affection, right?

It's just dinner.

I try not to pull down the short gown Nena asked me to wear as the waiter pours wine into our glasses. As usual, I let someone else dress me in something I am absolutely not comfortable in. "Yellow suits you," Yasmin uttered. Her words made my heart fill with bubbles. I could feel the heat on my cheeks, and with a soft smirk on her face, she had to repeat something nice. "And you look more beautiful when you blush."

My hands run through my hair out of shyness. "You look beautiful. You always do." It was the truth. The woman looked marvelous in whatever she wore, with or without makeup. I could feel the butterflies swimming around in my stomach as I searched for a distraction from her look. Nothing at all.

"That's a first," she whispers, hitting me in between.

I lifted my head slowly to meet her gaze, trying to breathe as calmly as possible. "A first for what?"

"It's the first time you are complimenting since we started dating."

Dating? Are we dating now? "Yasmin, I am sure you get that a lot." Even if I was not confident with what I said, I had to say something rather than looking like the naïve Zara she met a few months ago.

"True. But their name is not Zara."

"I see," I replied, trying to sound a bit cold. But I knew it didn't work.

"I am glad you came because I thought you would not show up."

Honestly, I didn't want to. Not after the Lolia saga earlier this morning and the threatening texts she had been sending to me all day. "What do you really want from me, Yasmin?" I barely said.

She was perfectly still with a smirk, trying to show that she needed to be in control, not the other way around.

I drew in a long breath and began speaking. "It's just that..." I bite down on my bottom lip and try to think of the right words to use. "Last time I checked, you were in a jealous rage because of my friend Nena. Then you broke it off with me, right after we professed our love for each other." I paused as I struggled to come up with more words. "And now more gifts? And now the compliments?"

"Nena told me you enjoy being validated or given compliments by those you love," she answered as she took the folded napkin in front of her and laid it on her lap. "She also added that we need to spend more time with each other and talk to each other to get to know ourselves better. I am trying to do that."