Chapter 7

Returning to your POV

The next day, my mom wakes me up super early to eat breakfast.

"I got you donuts," she says with a smile.

"Thanks, mom, I'll be there in a sec," I reply, closing my eyes for a little while. I had the best dream I've had in years. I dreamt that Aidan invited me to prom, he confessed his love to me and asked me to become his girlfriend.

I just wish it was true...

I open my eyes to face reality again, get up from my bed and head to the small kitchen in the hotel room, where there's a bar table with stools for us to have a meal on. Since I have to be at the studio super early, the breakfast buffet room that the hotel serves is not opened yet.

Mom bought us all doughnuts last night and dad got us some coffee. We sit down and eat, not having anything to talk about and me not wanting to tell them about last night. In my opinion, apart from being a very personal thing, they'll also be mad about the fact I let him in when they weren't here.

When we finish, we all dress up in some formal clothes and then get out of our hotel room, finding Aidan and Jane getting out of their room too.

"Morning," Jane and Aidan say.

"Morning," my mom, dad and I answer.

"Only you two are coming? No parents?" I say.

"I came here to spend time with my boyfriend," Jane says. "My parents are in the US."

"Oh, I didn't know that," I answer.

"Yeah, and my parents have some things to do, so it's just us," Aidan says.

"Okay, cool. Let's go then." I say.

We head downstairs and my parents and I get into our rented car. I look outside to find Jane grabbing Aidan by his waist on his motorbike. I quickly turn my head the other way, take out my phone, put my earbuds in and start playing I Don't Love You, by My Chemical Romance to take my mind off of everyone.

The car's engine is what makes me jump to realise again where I'm going. And that I forgot my script in the hotel room.

I immediately start searching for a photo I might have taken to the script but find none. It's not like I need it, but I had to bring it. I can't jump out of the car to go and get it because we're already running a little late and that would just delay me. I'll have to ask Aidan for a copy...

After listening to basically the whole Black Parade album and the beginning of Three Cheers, we're already at the studio. I get out of the car as soon as I see Aidan and Jane put their helmets on the motorbike and approach them.

"Hey, can you help me get to my trailer maybe?" I ask.

"Sure!" They answer.

I nod and tell my parents that they shouldn't be driving me again, that I probably could get here with Aidan, as long as Jane doesn't come but I didn't say that out loud. They agree and tell me to not come here alone, that they'll always be available if I need a ride. I thank them and walk with Aidan inside while my parents walk towards the set to see me acting later.

We all get inside and start looking for my trailer, when we find it and get inside, a girl was waiting for me. My assistant. Laura.

"Oh my God!" I scream and hug her. "What the hell are you doing here?! I thought you were in the States," I say, letting her go and giving her a confused but happy look.

"Well, it was a surprise that I'll be your assistant. Surprise!" She says, laughing.

"You guys know each other already?" I hear Jane ask from behind me.