17- Blake's Visit

Blake: "Miss me?"

You: "Is it really you? What are you doing here?"

Blake: "I missed you. I just wanted to see you so I got on a plane and here I am."

You: "How did you know where I lived?"

Blake and You: *In unison*
"Addison"

You share a laugh and a hug until an awkward cough from behind you reminds you that you're in your parents house.

Dad: "Are you going to introduce us?"

You: "Blake is a friend I made in California. He came to visit."

Dad: "A friend?"

Mom: "It's lovely to meet you, Blake."

It's obvious that your mom knew this was the boy you'd disappeared with, but also that she hadn't told your dad about any of it.

Dad: "We were getting ready to leave for dinner actually Blake."

Blake: "My apologies, sir. I can definitely wait at the hotel and call for a better time to stop by."

Mom: "Don't be silly. You're coming to dinner with us."

Everyone loads up into your parents car and even though there is an entire seat space between the two of you in the backseat, Blake reaches his hand out to hold onto yours in the shadows.

At the restaurant your dad is most interested in Blake and his life story

At the restaurant your dad is most interested in Blake and his life story. You look at Blake as if to apologize, but he seems to be getting along just fine.

Dad "Sorry if this dinner isn't up to your LA standards, but it's an honest steak."

Blake: "Are you kidding? California doesn't have anything on a midwest steak."

Dad: "Travel to the midwest, much?"

Blake: "I've actually only lived in LA for a year. I'm from the middle of Texas. I graduated and took a few college classes but then got a business opportunity in California that I couldn't pass up."

Dad: "What kind of business do you do at 19?"

Blake: "I'm a model, but I make most of my money as an influencer."

Dad: *skeptical tone*
"What in the hell is that?"

Blake: "It goes hand in hand with modeling. Brands reach out to me and work out a deal with my team to pay me to represent their company or use their products. When I'm photographed it brings in more business to their company. It's kinda like advertising."

Mom: *whispering to you*
"A model? Now I see why you disappeared with him."

When you get back home, everyone is having a good time and getting along.

Blake: "I planned to Uber back to a nearby hotel but I'd really like to come back tomorrow if that's ok."

Mom: "Oh don't be silly, sweetheart. You can stay in Addison's old room."

Dad: "Next door to my daughter's room? No. He can stay downstairs in my office. It has a pull out couch. He'll be fine."

You: "Dad, really?"

Blake: "It's no problem. That sounds great."

Your dad leads him into the office and with a pile of sheets and blankets and starts lecturing him on staying on his half of the house if he knows what's good for him. Your mom follows you upstairs while you take off your jewelry and get ready for bed.

Mom: "So does that boy have something to do with your sudden mood switch about LA?"

You: "What? No. I told you I just missed Addison more than I thought I did."

Mom: "Well do me a favor anyway and stay upstairs tonight. I know you're 18 and you're an adult but this is still our house."

You: "Got it, Mom."