Chp. 71

~ ~ ~ ~ SAM'S POV ~ ~ ~ ~

"What makes you think I can do that, Sam?"

I looked at Ross, giving him a "really?" look and responding, "Because I know you can and I'm begging you to please do this for me."

He looked at me and I knew he would do it, he just knew it was risky, but after everything I had done for him this was kind of like payback. He sighed heavily as he spoke, "Okay, but only because you look like death and need a burger."

I laughed slightly as I followed him to his room where his desktop was set up, which was actually his bedroom but smelt like a weed farm instead. I sat next to him as he pulled up what looked to be a search engine as he looked at me, "Type in his name."

I looked at him and placed my hands on the keyboard, typing in Robert Smith and hitting search.

Thousands of faces popped up but they had an option for a zip code or residence address, which would allow us to lessen all the results. I moved in and typed in the zip code of the city, resulting in about fifty results instead, which was much easier than thousands.

Ross looked at me, "Want to explain to me why we're doing this?"

I scrolled through the faces as I responded, "Once this is all said and done I'll explain, but I can't right now."

He leaned back in his chair as he watched me, and I was praying this guy was in the police system. If he wasn't then my plan I had conjured up in my head wouldn't work, but luckily I scrolled past a Robert Smith that resembled my suspect identically.

I clicked his files, reading the charges he's been booked with. This also caused Ross to lean forward and read out loud, "Jesus, his first charge was possession of Heroin, that's pretty serious. Is that why you're looking him up?"

I shook my head as I read the other bookings he had, some from fighting in public to stealing, but nothing major. The only major booking he had was with the Heroin, and I sat back and looked at Ross, "What would happen if he was caught with Heroin again?"

Ross sighed, leaning back in his chair, "Well he served time already in the pin for it years ago, but a second offense... well if he has shit luck he could get thirty to life."

I looked at Ross wide eyed, "Thirty to life in prison?"

Ross nodded, "Missouri has one of the toughest drug courts in the U.S."

I questioned, "Know where I can get some?"

He raised an eyebrow, "Are you...? Are you trying to get this guy arrested?"

I just looked at Ross, knowing he usually didn't question me but he was now. I was probably crazy for thinking about doing this but to get him off of my back I would need to do something equally foolish.

And if getting him arrested for drug possession did the job then I was on board.

I looked at him, hoping he would help me out one last time, "Ross, if you help me I promise I will tell you everything. You know I wouldn't be doing something this stupid if it wasn't seriously important."

His brown eyes studied me as if he was contemplating, knowing he was about to give me the power to control someone's future, except this time I was planning on ruining it. He stood, walking over to a cupboard and slipping on a pair a gloves and pulling out a plastic bag that held heroin, and also the arm band and syringe.