Zombie Invasion

I wake up with an arm draped over my stomach. I turn over and see Theo very close. He really needs to learn about personal space. I don't remember much from last night except Joe had asked about sleeping in our room and that we're the only people he trust. Oh, and whether I know something or not. Whatever that is. I get up and go over to the window and open the curtain slightly. On the ground, a small group of zombies are playing bumper cars with one another in the small parking area.

A pair of hands grab me from behind. I turn around and punch whoever it is. Theo is bent over holding his stomach whilst Joe sits on the bed, looking amused. "Told you she'd punch you if you scared her." Theo smiles sarcastically at me then at Joe and tells us the bathroom is taken and he's having a shower. Joe joins me at the window. "How many?" I quickly count them up. "Ten at a push but it should be okay." He nods and we both carry on watching them.

"What we all looking at?" Joe turns round and raises his eyebrows with a smirk on his face. "What is your problem with scaring us all the-" but I cut short when I turn round. Theo stands there, slightly pink, his hair still quite wet from the shower and top less. "Turns out Theo you're just my type" Joe says throwing him a t-shirt. Theo puts the top on but I can't stop looking at him. Didn't think a guy like him would have abs. Theo waves a hand in front of my face. "Oh Leo, I know you love the look of me. I see the hunger in your eyes but please do stop staring." Joe begins to laugh but I can feel myself grow hot. I turn away and look back out the window. This causes Theo to laugh at me. Great. I look down at the zombies. "Guys, we have a problem." Theo and Joe look out the window. "That's a lot of zombies."

We make our way downstairs and look around the corner. Outside, zombies are huddled together like penguins in a snow storm. Theo runs first towards a fire exit that was shown on a small map on the back of the hotel room door. I go next and make it past without being noticed. Joe bumps into a table which causes the very large and very old looking vase to smash against the wooden floor. All at once, the zombies' heads turn in our direction. They do that weird run towards us. Their bodies smacking against the glass. One manages to crack the glass which causes more and more cracks to appear across the set of doors. We run towards the fire exit.

We get to the fire exit but see that there is a lock. "Theo pick it and hurry up!" I glance behind me, something I shouldn't have done, and see the zombies fast approaching. Hungry. Most of them haven't probably eaten in a few days.

When Theo finally opens the door, we rush through it. A mangled arm is thrusted through the small gap. With a large push, the arm retreats and we lock the door from the outside.

Theo is bent over the laptop. I check my phone again. No messages. Joe is pacing around anxiously.

"There's a place where it looks empty. We should head there for the night."