* Chapter Eight *

I've been trying to sleep for over twenty minutes now but to no avail.

The door opens and Ghaffar walks in looking for something.
"What are you looking for? So I can help"

"My keys. I left it here yesterday".
"Oh it's on the nightstand in your room. I took it there last night".

"Alright" before he could leave I call his name. Standing and walking over to him.

"I need a favour".
"What is it Aleema?" he asks boredly.

"Ikram needs to go to Zaria for some school stuff and I don't know who else to take her".

He laughs hysterically. "So you want me to?"
"Please?"

"I can't".
I pout.
"Don't waste you time".

"It's just that I don't trust anyone with her, she's still so young and you two get along".

"You're forcing this girl on me. From making me drive her, to teaching her and now I'm supposed to travel with her? She's not a child, she's just going to finish her last year here and that's it".

"Please!"
"Fine, just don't nag we when anything happens".

"Like what?" I laugh.
"When you spoil her too much".

"I'm not the one who gave her a car you did".
He smiles "Come on, if the girl knows how to drive then let her drive" he walks out.

.

I don't get why Ghaffar can be dramatic at times, how am I forcing Ikram on him?

But now that they're not here the house feels so empty, very empty.

I enter the living room and sit. It's not like I'm going to watch but it feels better.

Someone knocks on the door and I stand to open it.

"Hello" Ramla says smiling. She was wearing jeans, a pink shirt and a pink veil she covered her hair with. Overall I'm sure it's to seduce Ghaffar.

"What are you doing here?" I ask folding my arms "Ghaffar isn't here".

She smiles "I know, I called first".
"Really? You called my husband? So what brings you to my house?"

She brings out an envelope from her peach burkin bag "I'm here to drop this".

I just stare at her hand, not collecting it "I advice you take this now, for both you and Ghaffar".

"Don't advice me about my husband. You're a divorced woman and I'm sure one of the reasons you and your husband aren't together is because there was infidelity I don't know from who but I should tell you Ghaffar isn't the type to fall into useless traps".

She smiles "My divorce is a very soft spot for me actually but if you don't want to find out if he can then stop sending him on trips with a girl better looking, smarter than you are".

I freeze "How did you know that? He told you?"

"No I met her yesterday when he picked her up when the car she was driving stopped on the road. I have a feeling you might end up as number 2 quicker than you think. That girl has a motive I don't care what it is but I advice you watch out".

She flirts with my husband and now try to pin me on ikram.

I collect the envelope and stand in the middle of our compound then I throw it over the fence.

She gasps "What did you do?"
I walk over and pull her. She pushes me landing me on the floor "You're pushing him" she hisses and walks out.

.

He lies down and pulls the duvet.
"I'm exhausted" he says taking a deep breath.

"Sleep, you need it"
He picks up his phone "Ahh Ramla called"

I turn around, my back facing him.
"Let me call her back".

I quickly turn around "You don't need to"
"Ah, where is the envelope she brought?"

"It's not here" I say nervously.
"Not here?"

Hello Ramla?

Yeah it was okay.

No.

Really? What did he say?

Okay, the envelope.

No she didn't tell me, what is it?

Since I'm talking to you right now just tell. Me.

What?!

Is there another copy?

Okay thank you.

I knew what that girl told him but I didn't want to face him and I was getting more scared by the second because of his silence.

I feel him get off the bed and a few minutes later our bedroom door closes.

I turn around to see an empty room, his pillow wasn't there too.

I huff. He's probably trying to remain calm.

.

I enter the living room, Ghaffar and Ikram were having breakfast and watching.

"I'm telling you he'll kill her" he says.
"I doubt he will, he really loves her".

He laughs "I've watched movies like these all my life, I know what I'm saying".

"Fine. If I'm right I get the better pod later".
"Since I—" I cut him off.

"—Ikram are you making bets with your Uncle? Does that seem right to you?" I ask her.

She stares at me confused.
"And how is that your problem? Did I complain?" he keeps his food tray on the center table and stands.

"You couldn't tell me about how you embarrassed Ramla and threw a 100 million dollar contract over the fence?"

I stay quiet.
"Why are you quiet now? You should explain yourself".

I look at Ikram who just kept staring at us argue. "Can you give us a moment?"

"Why should she? As you can see she's having her breakfast since you've made every single chore in this house hers. You don't even cook anymore. She's not leaving until she's done and ready to".

"But--"
"I won't ask again Aleema, why?"

"How can you believe what she says without listening to my side of the story?"

"What am I asking for now!" he shouts at the top of his voice, startling me.

"I—She pushed me".
"How? She slapped you? Insulted you? Were you not the one who brought up her divorce first?"

"But Ghaffar she's always all over you".
"Let's say she is then what about the envelope? Was that for her or for me? Do you know the kind of problem you've gotten me into? But thanks to the same girl you insulted my penalty is going to be reduced because of my wife's stupidity".
He huffs.

"Take some time off. Go spend sometime with your parents".

I gasp "Please no. Wallahi it won't happen again. I swear but please don't send me home. Not now".

He takes a deep breath.
"I have and I want to stay with you, please".

"Then get your act straight" he picks up his folder and walks out.

. Drama.