chapter 1

Good day to anyone who chose

to give this book a chance and thank you

This is not my first book. I have a lot more

of them if you like this book

comment below,  so maybe I

can publish more of my work

(Because I'm scared to do so. )

with more inspiration

Thanks☆
Xoxo ☆

____________________________________

Knock! knock !

"It's happening. Go hide under your bed!" I ran towards the door  and unlocked the door as I tried to run to our room, but I wasn't successful because I tripped and fell .

I moved on the floor like a snake using my hands  to move as blood blurred my vision  , I was so scared. Maybe, if I gave up, it would end faster . "Come here, you god forsaken child,"

"Please, I beg of you, do not beat me up," I  said . Begging him not to beat me today , he comes close to my face with his alcohol smell. "You now have the guard to tell me what to do."

He slaps me, and blood comes out of my mouth . At this point, I had given up , I let him do what would satisfy him, and I blocked the beatings on my face with my hand .

As I was laying on the cold floor I remembered the days where my mom used to lock us in the room cause my father was coming,  I used to hear her cries from our room my  little brother , sister and I used to cry screaming for him to stop hitting her .

Sometimes, he would find us playing outside and would hit all of us badly  , but it rearly happened because sometimes my mother would stop him from coming to us .since she died, i took her place to protect my younger ones

"You are very useless just like your mother." He gets up and proceeds to his room. I picked myself up and started cleaning the floor full of blood with my scarf . Tears fell to the floor, and I started singing a song my mom used to sing to me whenever I was sad .
____________________________________

I woke up early in the morning to fetch water and wash our clothes  . I waited by the tree for my friend Ntombi . She was taking longer than usual. I started to get worried. " Madileng, my friend, how is it going?"

"I'm good please let's go before the stream gets full" I  hold her hand hurrying towards the stream knowing if i don't come back soon my father won't like it , last time i came late from the stream he beat me up so bad i couldn't even open my eye properly.

"Greetings, girls." Ntombi shouted, and we joined the girls .

"Greetings, Ntombi and my queen," Hazel said, mocking me . She really didn't like me even though i have never done anything to her .

"The prince will soon be coming, and I heard from my father that he will be seeking a wife," my friend Tshepang said .

"Yes I also heard but we all know he will be choosing me " Hazel says , well its true if the prince were to choose from any of us that person would be hazel , she comes from a rich family and plus his father is the king's right hand man .

"How do you know he will choose you " Lethabo said , Lethabo was one of the only girls who could stand up to Hazel because she also came from a rich family her father has businesses in the city and two wifes . One living in the village with her children and the other in the city with her children .

"Well, I mean, I'm the most beautiful girl in this whole village," she says, turning around and parading herself to all the girls . Everyone started laughing at her .

"Nope, you're not ." Lethabo said , me and Ntombi giggled while washing the clothes .

"Well I know the prince will choose me , I have the nicest body in the whole village "Mbali said , yes she has one of the most beautiful body shapes but she had no chance her father was a traditional healer and she had to marry a traditional healer .

"Shut up and sit down. " Hazel said while we were all laughing.

"Well, what about you Madileng don't you think the prince will choose   Lethabo asked, putting all eyes on me , lethabo had a smirk on her face, daring me to say something.

"W-well .. I-I, " I said, and the girls started laughing  . I looked down in embarrassment.

"How could a prince choose someone like me , I don't come from a rich family so how would he even consider me " I said washing my father's shirt that was stained with blood , I used the stone to try and remove it .

"You are not rich . it's a lie. Your father is one the richest man in our kingdom , I don't know why you even look like this," Biopelo said .

"You have a point , but when I'm chosen, I'll make sure I hire you as my maid," Lethabo said , I nodded in agreement that would really help me so much .

"Yeah , and I'll also hire all of you to be my maids when I get chosen," Hazel said.

"But I would never hire someone as dirty as Madileng,  if I hire you, make sure you bathe more."  Everyone laughes, and she claps her friend Tshepiso's hand, and they both laugh. It really didn't bother me because I knew all she said was true .

my father was also very rich because he owned a lot of land in this kingdom and we lived in a nice modern house more beautiful then city houses but he treated us like we were poor he never bought us any thing.

The only thing he bought was food, and we weren't allowed to switch on the lights when he was not at home . We had a stove but I was forced by my father to cook outside and we had water in the house but I had to wake up early in the morning to go fetch water, which was sad but I was used to it .

"Ok Hazel geez what has this poor girl ever done to you?" Brian said while he was passing by with his father's sheep . Brian has promised to marry me since we were young, and last year, he asked me to be his girlfriend, and I declined

I feel like if he asked me again this year, I'll say yes because i kind of like him . " Oh shut up, Brian , are you going to send those sheep after me?" Hazel rudely said, and the other girls laughed .

"Well, I might as well give your father a visit. " brian says, and Hazel's face changes . I don't know if the other girls can see this, but it sounded more like a threat, and she just kept quiet. Brian gives me a smile and moves along with the sheep

______________

NAME MEANING.

for interest sake

DITIRO = ACTIONS
MPHO =GIFT
KELETSO = ADVISE / TO WANT SOMETHING
MASEGO= BLESSINGS/ LUCK
LETHABO = HAPPINESS
OLEBOGENG = GIVE THANKS
NTOMBI = GIRL
MADILENG = SOURNESS (THIS IS A LAST NAME BUT I CHOSE TO USE IT AS A FIRST NAME )
OLEBILE = SOMEONE IS WATCHING
BAMAKETŠE = THEY ARE SHOCKED / AMAZED

These are South African names *