chapter 25

I woke up early in the morning , went to the bathroom and changed into fresh clothes .I just sat on the bed staring at nothing but the wall . Masego didn't sleep in his room meaning he slept in one of the spare rooms .

Today I had to go see my family and give them their gifts including Ntombi. I got everyone something really expensive something they could use long term .

I was feeling kind of nauseous and heavy , I think it was all the crying I was doing yesterday. I felt like eating which was kind of weird because I never feel like food . I went downstairs and saw everyone around the table eating.

I sat down next to Masego's little brother and dished porridge for myself. I ate the whole plate and finished it . Everyone was looking at me like I just did a sin or something.

"Erh today I'm going to spend it with my family I'll be back tomorrow " I said randomly at the table . And every one looked at me these looks they gave me were really scary sometimes it was like they wanted to say something but they just kept it to themselves.

"Bontle you can go but it's not safe for a princess to sleep outside the palace that's why I will send guards to look after you ." The Queen said .

"Thank you ma but I'll be coming back a bit later " I said . I called the maid to bring my pickles and jam and she did.

"How can you eat pickles with jam that disgusting " Masego's little brother said.

"It's actually very nice you should try it " I say eating.

"I'll try it just to prove you wrong " he said . I gave him a pickle dipped in jam .

"It's actually very nice not " he said and I laughed.

"If you want you can come with me to my family dinner , i have a brother your age " I said to him , I think he must be bored sitting here and doing nothing all day .

"Does he speak fluent English " he asked .

"It's not fluent but it's better than most " I said .

"I'll take that I'm coming but once I want to leave I'll leave " he says , well i don't think he will want to leave but I had to agree to his terms .

"Yes you can do what ever you want but just remember you have to speak to elders in respect otherwise they will whoop your ass " I said giving him a friendly reminder.

"They won't dare even if they tried i know karate and kung fu  " he says which cause me to laugh .

"They know old whoop your ass just don't try them " I said in between my laughs.

"Now go change and wear something very causal " I said .

"I'm coming with you " I heard Masego say and I ignored him . I walked passed him like he has said nothing. "Bokamoso let's go we are going to be late "  I said to Masego's little brother.

I asked the guard to help me with all the gifts . "Bokamoso I swear if we find ..." I was cut off.

"Ok ok ok geez I'm here are we ready to go " he said .

"Masego are you coming with us " he says to his brother. I didn't hear what he said because I wasn't focuses on him.

I sat in the front so i could give better directions , Masego and his brother sat in the back . We drove and i gave directions finally we were at the gate the yard was full of kids playing and I saw my aunt and two woman by the fire cooking.

"Sister Madileng"  my brother Mpho ran to me with a hug and i hugged him back.

"Who are these people " my brother asked . I almost forgot that i came here with people.