Chapter Four

Hey guys, I'm hoping for some more reviews/comments! I can see you all reading, but just a simple ":D" or a "I like this character because..." makes me smile! Please help me by leaving a comment! It keeps me writing :3

I groaned as I heard loud knocking on my door. It felt like I had only just closed my eyes and started sleeping before being woken up, but as I cracked my eyes open and saw the light being filtered into my room I knew it had been hours.

Getting up slowly due to all my creaky muscles, I mumbled that whoever it was could enter the room. Anything to stop that bothersome knocking.

Luckily, it was Par who popped his head around the door and grinned at me, "Morning sleepyhead!" he said cheerfully, trotting into the room.

"What do you want?" I growled, rubbing sleep from my eyes and muttering in annoyance at the amount of grit still on my face.

"To help you get dressed!" He blinked at me as if confused by my reaction. "There is no way the King would let you represent him in Corples wearing what you normally do."

I bristled in annoyance, "My clothes are fine!"

Par chuckled, "Yes, but not new and expensive."

Okay, that definitely piqued my interest. Par noticed the gleam in my eyes and motioned for me to follow him, "Let's get you cleaned up so you don't ruin these brand new clothes first."

Normally I would argue, but I was too excited about getting new clothes that I didn't bother. We went back to the bathing areas when I noticed that the mess I had left had all been cleaned up and I quickly washed myself again using fresh soaps. My back had already scabbed over, leaving behind nothing but my permanent scarring. It was easy enough now to peel them off slowly, leaving nothing but raw, pink skin behind.

When I was done, Par murmured in approval before throwing me a towel and leading the way out of the room. I followed him, tucking the towel around my waist. I wrung water from my long dreadlocks, watching as I left small puddles on the floors of the palace. Par wrinkled his nose at them, but said nothing until we reached another room I had never been inside of before (not because I wasn't allowed, but because I wasn't interested in the Palace).

He motioned me inside and went to a table, picking up some clothes, "Here we are, Incent. These were made for you."

In Par's hands was a soft white shirt, clearly made of some sort of expensive fabric, black snakeskin pants and a leather vest that could hold weapons and other odds and ends. The most interesting part of it lay on the table. There was a pair of knee high leather boots that would definitely help me walk through tall grass (which I knew covered most of the Azures kingdom, and a blood red cape that had a gold buckle at the throat. I touched the cape in a reverent way, enjoying the feel of such softness that I was not accustomed to.

"Do you like it?" The twinkle in Par's eyes as he asked the question told me he already had his answer.

"It's okay," I shrugged before chuckling and nudging Par playfully. "Are you kidding? It's amazing! It almost makes me want to remain a hunter!"

Par's expression dropped, "One year left."

My laughter died down, "Par, I'm sorry. I don't want to leave you here."

He shook his head and plastered on a fake smile, "I don't mind. When I get out too, I'll find you. What's that, in about three years time?" I nodded and feigned happiness, but we both knew he wasn't getting out of here. The Queen favoured Par and would make every excuse to keep him here, even if it were in the prisons. I worried for my friend's future, but knew I could do nothing to help him.