Phantom and Night Chap 22

Liam's POV

I won't dare underestimate a Canid's strength and power. They are far more destructive than wolves and far more of a powerful clan than ours. Though they must knew as well that ones someone cause harm to my mate I wouldn't think twice to kill them and won't give a damn who or what they are. I know how powerful that Canid king can be but he won't make a move that may endanger his people. Making an all out fiasco with his men to capture us, me the head of the Vampire council and Harp the head of the Welkin clan is not really wise if he is unless declaring a War of his outnumbered clan to ours. He won't risk his clan even if they are powerful, they won't win against us not even in another thousand year.

"Well this is stupid. Liam what is this doing here?"

Ardent sounded calm but he can't fool no one here. His eyes were burning red and his fangs were almost protruded against his lower lip.

"Ardent he-" Harp tried to spoke but stopped when Ardent glared at him.

"I believe you are not Liam." He spoke tightly against clench teeth. I've never been scared of Ardent... just now.

"How dare you place my son in this kind of dangerous situation!" He roared making the windows rattle and shake with his rage. Harp even flinched.

"I won't place my mate in any kind of danger, Ardent it's just that King Casus is the only who can use the frozen heart"

Ardent lowered his red eyes at Casus who is sitting on his heals on the floor.

"Do anything I won't like and I'll kill you."

He hissed out and even the King broke a sweat with Ardent's threat. He was definitely in no chance to escape in front of the three of us especially with Ardent's hands shaking to tear his head off.

"Daddy?"

Fuck..

"Warren." I was already scooping him in my arms. We had just left him sleeping next door but looks like he woke up and started wandering around. He does that.

"Yamm!!" He was a little excited all giggling and hugging me. I couldn't help but smile even with everything in front of me.

"Liam." Ardent's tight voice broke but still threatening.

"Daddy! Yam back!" Warren said still giggling loudly and Ardent's eyes turn back to the same blue eyes and he cleared his throat to stop his growing smile.

"That boy.. He has the scent of a human and a vampire. I can't smell no Canid in him." When Casus spoke even Warren's giggling stop.

"Puppy!" Warren struggled in my arms and started reaching for Casus but I didn't let him.

"He can smell your scent too, Puppy." Harp said with a smirk.

"Guess your sense of smell is beaten by a kid" he deadpan.

"Go do what you're here for." Ardent cross his arms and glared red eyes at King Casus.

"Pup..py.." Warren sniffles made me still. I nuzzle onto his rosy cheek making him turn his head at me. His big blue eyes looked larger on his smaller face. God, I wanted him back to normal. I wanted to kiss my Warren. My Warren that will hug me.. hold me.. smiles at me.. who will absentmindedly spoil me every time..

Warren..

"Change him back, King Casus. Then I will return you back."

He just stared at Warren then at me, keeping his void expression. He was as cold as the color of his hair and skin.