62. BLOWN AWAY

BLOWN AWAY

"Hey sweetie, come on in," Alice greeted Riley as she opened the door to her flat.

She was in a pair of oversize joggers and a white top that left little to the imagination. Her hair was up in a messy ponytail and no makeup was on her face.

She looked simply beautiful.

Riley lifted the collapsed boxes and tape dispenser in his hands like a trophy, depositing them on the floor of the little foyer.

"Thank you so much for that," Alice offered.

"Ah, no problem. I have a ton of that shit from when I've moved in," Riley explained, sinking his hands in the pocket of his jeans. "Doesn't look like much progress," he said then glancing around the living room, still untouched.

"I know," Alice agreed. "But mentally, I'm all packed." She grinned. "Would you like anything to drink? Coffee? Tea? Beer?" she offered.

"If you have a beer, I wouldn't mind it," Riley replied, sitting on the sofa as Alice disappeared into the kitchen.

The last time he had been in that flat was over two months earlier, when his life was very different, unlike his desire for Alice. That night had marked the beginning of his infatuation for the woman, but back then, he simply couldn't see how deeply consuming it would have turned out to be.

Alice reappeared carrying a bottle of beer that she placed on the coffee table and sat next to Riley.

"So, did you miss me these past two nights?" she asked out of the blue.

Riley sipped his beer, his lips bent in a smile as they wrapped around the bottle and he kept his eyes on her. He purposely took his time with the drink, enjoying Alice's expectant look. Then he placed the bottle back on the coffee table.

"I've missed you during the days too," he replied, his voice deep and inviting, and his words ignited a satisfied smirk on Alice's face.

"I masturbated to you last night," she admitted in a velvety tone that had Riley almost choke on his beer.

"I thought you were at Aidan's last night," he muttered, his focus now entirely on Alice.

"I was." Alice smirked.

Riley felt his blood fall from his head and travel south. All the ways in which the situation was wrong made it unbearably exciting.

Then his phone rang; Riley checked the screen and cleared his throat.

"It's Aidan, I better take this," he said and took a deep breath before answering the call.

"Hey, mate."Aidan's voice came from the other end of the phone. "Can you talk?"

Riley scratched his head as he replied.

"I'm at Alice's. I brought her some of my spare boxes and tape."

A chuckle came from the other end. "Oh, so she's finally packing. Glad to see she's stopped being selfish and came to her senses,"Aidan teased.

But Alice didn't look amused; her eyebrows rose and her head tilted to the side.

"Maybe she was busy before." Riley tried to avoid getting caught in the fight.

And that's when Alice's hand moved between his legs, her strokes firm and calculated. Riley looked at her, silently urging her to stop, but it only made her grin grow wider.

"Yes, she's busy, but she's also very stubborn,"Aidan said, his tone now gentler.

Riley took Alice's hand and removed it from his crotch.