chapter 10 - Work

Saoirse' pov

Its wednesday morning and its all goin off in our house. My alarm never went off and unless they are woke up my kids could sleep for Ireland. So here we are now running around like headless chickens trying to get out the door on time for playschool though Im going to be late for work.

Once sorted I head straight to playschool with the triplets then rush to work praying it is John and not Eoin who is in the office. How can I tell john I need to leave. He has been so kind to me and the kids I know he would be disappointed in me but worse when or if he finds out my kids are his great grand kids.

I step off the elevator and I greet a few people on our floor as I rush to my office. I drop my bag on my desk and headed straight for Johns office. I knock and walking as I normally do only to find Eoin going through some files with John. I apologised for been late known John wont mind but it was Eoins reply that surprised me.

Starting today for every 15 mins your late you will be docked 1 hours pay. I do not run my companies with a lazy policy. John and myself both look at each other shocked. I bite my lip so I dont explode on him and once I calm down slightly I say a simple "Yes Mr Ryder". This catches him of guard as he stares at me before telling me to call him Eoin with a little smirk. I reply tell him as I dont feel comfortable enough to be on first name bases with my new boss or with strangers in general.. I did not say his name again I call him Mr Ryder. This time his face looks alittle angry but he quickly masks it.

I informed John that this weeks meetings have all been rescheduled due to other commitments by the companies involved or deals not been fully prepared to be presented to him. I also tell him I canceled a few as tbey were taking watly to long with proposals and that 1 contract wasbt worth the paper it was printed on. John is happy with this info I then asked if either wanted refreshments and thank god they didnt and I quickly leave.

Ok Saoirse pull yourself together. Treat him like any other boss not as the secret father of your kids. You can do this. You need to do this.

I sent Abbey a quick text filling her in on everything and Im shocked when she replied with a screen shot of their exchange from the previous night. So he has no idea the kids are his. Is he blind or is he playing me. I apologise to Abbey and ask her to apologise to Keith for me too as its unfair they are caught in the middle of this and from the sounds of it, Ive just ruined their friendship. These two finally got together about 2 years ago and I was so happy for them. I send him a quick text his reply floors me. Keith is beyond pissed at me and I understand I made him lie to his best friend for years and now it might cost him his business and our friendship too but I cant tell him. I put my phone away just as I see john leave. Where is he going but before I get to follow him Eoin calls me to his office.

Eoin's Pov

I cant get them kids out of my head since I woke up. Grandad is going over the most recent deals that have been proposed but them kids keep popping into my head. She has kids. She looks happy too. Fuck this is not how I pictured this going. Dave rang me this morning on my way to work and told me she has no marraige cert. All this clears up is she is not married. Hes now checking for a fiancè. Stalking much yes I guess I am but I need to know.

Back to the present I ask grandad what time she usually starts. He informs me that once in a blue moon she might 10 to 15 mins late but she always makes up the time on her lunch break. I'm guessing its because of her kids. Suddenly theres a knock and the doors to reveal Saoirse looking flushed I'm guessing she ran to the office. She has not acknowledged me yet and it pisses me off a little. She apologises to John who gives her a big smile but before he could reply I open my big mouth and tell her she will be docked 1 hours pay in future if she is more than 15 mins late. She's angry but recovers quickly to reply with a "Yes Mr Ryder". Like what the fuck is that shit. So I smirk and lock eyes with her and tell her to call me Eoin. She weakens for a split second before she squares her shoulders and replies with "I dont feel comfortable enough to be on first name bases with my new boss or with strangers in general Mr Ryder" I see red. Strangers?? she didnt think we were strangers when she was screaming my name over and over when I made her come non stop or when she tied me to the chair. Can her fiancè or boyfriend do that to her. Do they know she likes it a little rough. Thank god she completely ignores me and informs John of the weekly tasks and leaves the room while I'm left sporting a tent at the thoughts of her under me again. Ok this is going to to be torture.

John leaves for a brunch date with my aunt and I take this as my chance to see her. I buzz for her to come to the office. I only have to wait a minute if even when a knock on the door is heard. She is so beautiful as she walks towards me nervously asking me what I need. I want to say you but I bite my tongue. She still smells like strawberries its intoxicating and I find myself rising from the chair. I can she her facial expression change so I turn my back and look out the window. I need to know more about her but how without seeming like a weirdo.

Keiths prov

I am beyond raging with Saoirse. I told her whenshe found out she was pregnant to tell him but no she believed the papers over me. No matter what I said she wouldnt listen. Yes I knew she workedfor his family and I always hoped they would run into each other but they always missed out. Im sitting here debating do I get on a flight or not. Eoin is my brother too. Ineed to make this right. My phone beeps. I grab it hoping its from Eoin but no.

Saoirse: where do I begin Keith. I am so sorry to have ruined your friendship with Eoin but you know I needed you more. You know how important this is to me and my kids. Please forgive me.

Keith: Important. No its not important to your kids as they dont know a thing. Im saying this once and once only Saoirse. I love you your my sister from another mister but you are selfish u have been since u got pregnant. Im not letting this lie ruin my friends and business anymore. Sort it Saoirse. Tell him the truth. Stop thinking of yourself and how it effects only you because it does not. Open your eyes. I might lose my clubs ffs. See you soon xx