215 - Sleeplessness *Modern*

Francis can't get back to sleep. He doesn't know how long he's slept, or even if he's slept at all, but the point is that he can't sleep now. Realistically, he knows that she should try and sleep. After all, he was only human, and humans needed to sleep when the sun was down and the moon was out. But he's too damn excited to go to sleep, feeling rather like a child than a grown man at this point in time. 

The room is dark, the bed is comfy, the sound of Mary's breath at his side is comforting and these things make him happy, but there's something missing, something nagging at him to keep his eyes open, to jump out of bed and start blaring the fairytale of new york until his neighbours, girlfriend and brother were awake and angry at him. But who can stay angry or upset at this time of year?

So, he looks towards the clock, his eyes sparkling as he takes sight of the numbers.

6:37

Still too early to wake anybody else up.

Damn.

Slowly, Mr Francis de Valois-Angouleme reaches across his pretty girlfriend as she continues to sleep peacefully next to him. He bites his lip, gripping the phone he had accidently left on Mary's bedside table instead of his own. He pushes his thumb onto the side of the little rectangular device, squinting as his eyes adjust to the bright screen.

December 25th.

December 25th! It's Christmas day! He beams at the phone screen until it falls back to its own sleep. Christmas, the best day in the entire year, other than his birthday or Mary's or their anniversary. There's just something about Christmas in the morning and sex in the evening that just makes him happy. Well, can you blame him?

He puts the phone on its charger and sighs, shifting in an attempt to get comfortable, in an attempt to get another hour or two of sleep before it all begins.

"Francis?" Mary's voice suddenly whispers. He smiles.

"Yeah?" the blonde asks, hoping that she'll have an impulse decision to open the presents they have right this moment.

"Go back to sleep, love."

6:38.

Damn.