244 - Reunion

Side Note - I don't know weather to put this in Frarytales or not, so I'll keep this here for now and you can let me know if it works for both or just this one :)

/

"Have you seen Francis?" 

"No, not yet, I-" the eldest heiress to the Seton-Norwood mines pauses in her words, looking all over for her King, for the man Mary had waited almost nine months to see once again. It was the most bitter of winter, one seemingly endless, since the Dauphin and her beloved kitchen boy, they had both ridden off in the snow, and both Scotswomen prayed that the men they loved would ride back to them in the snow. "Mary, look! There! There he is!" she acts in a way that it so improper, but it hardly matters, as, in the moment, she sees not only the Dauphin-King of Scots, but her beloved kitchen boy riding together on horseback, side to side, talking as if they had known each other for decades. The fact is it is hardly likely, but it hardly matters.

Greer grasps Mary's hand from Kenna, and the two push past the crowd -who immediately part for the Dauphiness-Queen of Scots- and to the men they both love. When they get there, both Crown Prince-King Consort and servent boy slip from their horseback and grasp at the women they have been without. It matters little to Greer, in that moment, that she is engaged to another, a man so good, but who will never hold her heart like this man does.

Damn it all, she dives into his arms, holding herself to his cold body, tears lining her eyes at her relief of his safe return and his acceptance back to courtly life. They don't really talk, they don't need to, and Greer pulls away in the perfect moment to see the royal couple embrace each other like they're dying of hunger or thirst, and have finally found their oasis.

Greer watches with a silent smile as Francis pulls back from their kiss in confusion, looking down at the black cur cape that dwarfs the Queen of Scots, and she cups his dirty face and leans up on her tip toes to whisper something to her husband. She knows what her Queen tells her King, the entire court and Europe know, and she watches with joy as Francis' face lights up with the news.

Prince Francis doesn't resist kneeling on one knee, kissing his wife's obvious pregnant stomach, running his hands over it like it holds the most precious thing in the world. And, in a way, it does. She even catches Catherine smiling at her firstborn son and his wife, watching the news of his impending fatherhood with glee. She dares a glance at Lola, who stands still in the foyer of the French court, clutching a dark haired baby girl, a concerning amount of distance between she and her husband. She knows the child isn't Lord Julien's, everybody does, it's the worst kept secret in Court, and bites her lip in sympathy for the fallen girl, and looks towards the girl who will rise so high in the coming years.

Greer's gleeful, too. She's so happy that her Queen and friend has found such love with her husband, she's so happy that said husband has returned to her after all these months. And, one day, if things go the way she so hopes for them to, perhaps she and the man she truly loves may have that same happiness.