Expedition of a lifetime part 1

With the sun high-up in the sky , you all started the expedition beyond the walls. Clenching the reigns between your (s/t) fingers you tried your best to stay calm, taking deep breaths in and out. Blocking out all the noises of the people chatting ,yelling and some of them even crying around you.

You looked down and slightly leaned forward ,petting your horses neck. He was a beautiful steed with patterns of black and white spots all over his body. His ears stood up straight and he softly neighed, nervously stomping his hooves on the cobblestones.
It seemed like all his attention was focused on the mission ahead.

Like he knew what was coming.

You adjusted your position in the black leathered saddle again. Swallowing a lump in your throat you glanced to the right and saw Levi get on his black horse too.

As usual he looked aggravated and exhausted with Hanji next to him yelling and drooling about what kind of titans she'll see on the mission.

Atleast that's what I assumed she was talking about.

Maybe you should go over and talk to the Captain? Some words of reassurance could never hurt ,could it?

But when the ginger-haired Petra came into sight you decided against it and remained at the position on the right flank.

"Feeling nervous?" I asked Petra who now stood next to me.

"A-a little...I always am at the start of an expedition." She smiled apologetically ,combing her fingers through her short hair. I returned her smile, laying a hand on her shoulder to give her some reassurance.

"You are one of the most skilled people here, Petra. The Captain trusts you and your skills. I'll see you when it's over" I stated ,trying to conceal my own nervousness as good as possible.

My statement seemed to calm her down a little bit as she nodded and wished me good luck before riding back to her own squad.

The Special Operation Squad was the center group along with Eren so they carried the most responsibility on their shoulders.

I was sure they were going to be fine ...but something deep inside me told me otherwise.

"Always trust your gut...it's almost never wrong."

Why do I remember these words now? Those were...his...words.

My ears perked up when Erwin yelled out some words of encouragement before we all proudly saluted and galopped between the gates ,out in the open field.

I felt the cold wind embrace my face so I grabbed the hood of my green cape and pulled it over my head.

I turned my head to the left, meeting those of Armin. I was thankful that he was here with me as he gave me a short nod of determination.
He probably noticed my discomfort too.

He's pretty observant for a kid.

(Time-skip)

"NO!"

"STOP!"

"HELP ME!"

"LET GO!"

"(Y/N)!"

------------------------

It happened so fast.

Why did the female titan suddenly appear on our flank?

Why did she change course?