1

Dani POV

Wow!!

I'm so happy, I'm leeaving the youth academy today after tonight's game. It feels so unreal and real at the same time.

Mom and Dad are already on their way coming to watch my last game. I can't believe I'm leaving all my friends behind, but I really deserve it anyway.

"Jack" coach says.

"Yes coach" I replied.

"I know you're very happy to go,but you will be greatly missed by all of us. Anyway,when you get there, please make all of us proud. You are a good player and I trust you. Don't let anyone bring you down, do what you how to do best. Ok?" he says

"Yes coach, thank you so much for everything you did for me. I won't forget you all in a hurry. Thank you for teaching me everything I needed to know".

"No problem Dani, you are a good and excellent player indeed. C'mon, prepare, dress up and be ready for tonight" he said and left.

After he had gone, I felt like crying and staying back but I knew this was another phase of my life that I have always wanted.

I finished dressing and came out to meet my friends and teammates in tears. Yea, we are all like family.

"So you are really going?" Spencer asked in tears.

"Yes I am" I said close to tears too.

"We will miss you" Harley, my best friend said.

"Guys, I promise to visit everytime I am free. So please stop crying or you would make me cry"I said with tears-filled face.

My teammates and I were all in tears, until our technical director came to tell us it was time for the warm-ups.

It felt like I was leaving home forever, but I knew it was for the best.

Then it was time for the game and we headed to the pitch. When we got to the pitch and I looked at the spectator's seat and saw my parents waving at me. I waved back and headed on to the game.

I was the captain of my team, so we had to have a prep talk before we started.

It was an exciting but bittersweet moment.

After the game, all the fans knew I was leaving, so they were all up standing, clapping and cheering me on.

It was an emotional sight, especially when I had to give a farewell speech and  hand over the captain badge to my assistant who happened to be Harley.

I gave my speech in tears, even my coach was crying too. The whole stadium was filled with tears and sobbing, but in the end we clapped and headed to the tunnel.

On getting to the dressing room, I received farewell gifts from the President of our team, my coach, all the technical crew and my teammates. My parents were also part of the give away.

It was really wonderful, I felt overwhelmed by everything and appreciated them all.

Me and my best friends, Spencer and Harley decided to have a girls night in my house, just having fun and watching movies.

"Guys, I promise I will come over every free time I get. Please don't be sad" I told them.

"We are not sad because you are leaving. We are sad because we would miss you badly" Spencer said.

"Exactly" Harley affirmed.

"I know, I would miss you guys too, but I promise to FaceTime you two everyday, ok?" I said.

"Ok" they said.

After that, we had so much fun, that mom and dad had to beg us to sleep.

As I was about to sleep, I thought of what my future brings and how I would cope outside my home.

With that on my mind, I slept off.