3

Lex POV

"We need to talk" he said.

"I don't know what has being going on with you lately, but I think you need to fix it and fix it fast".

"Sir, with all due respect, I don't know what I did wrong, but if it is about..." I tried explaining but he cut me short.

"Yes, it is about the missed penalty. I mean how could you miss a vital and crucial goal like that. If you are no longer interested in this club, let us know. We could sell you in the next transfer window" he stated.

"I..."

"Look Peters, I hope the coach told you that new recruits are coming from the academy all over the world, like L.A, Paris, Scotland and even Belgium. So, if you want to remain the captain of this club, I think you should sit up".

"I will try..."

"That will be all for now Peters" he said dismissing me already.

I was short of words that replying him wasn't in my mind, but to get the hell out of his office. I mean who the hell does he think he is.

I am the best striker in the world, that a lot of clubs want me and he was ranting like that.

A big applause to him though for rendering me speechless.

I left the headquarters and headed straight home to have a long shower and sleep.

When I got home, I saw Tiffany leaving the house in a hurry.

"Oh, thank goodness you're here. Get inside and freshen up quickly, coach told us to come for a little practice" she said.

"I am not going" I replied.

"I didn't ask you, I am telling you. So run along, you have 15mins".

I didn't bother to answer her, because if I did, I may take my anger on her.

I just headed inside and slammed the door on her face. I didn't miss the shock on her face after that, I know I was rude but I was just not in the mood.

As I got to my room, I heard her car leaving the house already.

I just don't get our coach at times. After a huge game, he wants us to practice for our next game in two weeks time.

Really?? A big hiss to that.

Tiffany POV

I couldn't just believe what had just happened.

Did Lex just slam the door on my face? What's wrong with her these days in fact?

Wow. I can't even recognize my own best friend anymore.

I got to the training camp with a lot of thinking on what to tell coach when I get there.

"Hey T" Chloe called out.

Oh my... Did I mention that I had a massive crush on Chloe?

I mean who wouldn't. Chloe is our top one goalie, always in to save the team. With all her tattoos, her abs, cute face, pixel chiseled haircut, massive and well-groomed muscles, I can't even go on.

It was so difficult not to fall for her,not to mention how caring and nice she is. I wish I could just have a little chance with her.

"T, are you ok?" Chloe asked with a look of worry on her face.

See what I'm saying.

"Y...Yeah,yeah I'm fine, very ok in fact. How are you?" I stuttered.

I wished earth could open up and swallow me right now.

"Oh, I'm good too. I just felt you zoned out a bit" she said touching my arm.

I felt a spark of electricity and excitement in me that only her touch ignites.

"Thank you Chlo, am totally fine" I affirmed.

"Hmmmm".

"Where is Lex, by the way?" she asked.

"Oh, she is not in a good mood today and decided to stay back".

She also knows how Lex is whenever her mood swings starts.

"What!! Why would she stay back? She is the captain for Christ's sake. Really???" she stated.

"Look I know Chlo, but she didn't even listen to me at all. She just slammed the door on my face like I was saying trash" I said feeling angry all of a sudden.

"Hey, it's ok, it isn't your fault". she said while calming me down with her soft touch on my back.

I felt calm immediately like a little baby, without her even saying much. I just sighed and we moved on to the pitch.

Coach wasn't around which made it easier for me because I was in no mood for any explanation today.

When practice was over, Chloe came over to meet me.

"Hey, how about we both go hang out, to relieve you of the stress?" she asked looking nervous all of a sudden.

Hmm. Is someone nervous here?

"Yeah sure that would be great". I said grinning at her, which she returned.

"Ok, just follow me behind my car with yours, alright?".

"Right" I affirmed.

We headed to our respective cars and drove off.

Chloe what are you doing to me and my heart now?

I sighed and decided to see how our "little date" goes.