8

Dani POV

They allowed me to sit with them and made sure that I sat across Lex.

Wait do they know how I feel her or did I stare at her too much?

All these questions were going through my mind especially when her friends kept smiling at me with suspicious looks written all over their faces.

"So Dani, tell us some things about yourself" one of them said. I think I remember her name to be Tiffany or Taylor, I can't really say.

"Uhmmm, I'm Dani, I play football, I'm Italian but was born here and I'm a lesbian" I said.

Damn you Dani, why would you say that? Now they would think you are creepy.

"Wow, that was really cool. Happy you mentioned that last part to ease someone's mind" Tiffany I guess said while she kept smirking at Lex.

I wonder why though.

"So how ready are you for the upcoming game? You know it's very important that losing is not an option" Lex spoke all of a sudden.

Even if she wasn't polite about it, I still found that extremely hot.

Her friend nudged her probably telling her to be calmer but she just shrugged her off. Well two can play this 'Bellissimo'.

I smirked and said "Well I can't say I'm fully prepared, but whatever happens I know I'm up to the task".

The expression on their faces was so hilarious especially Lex's; to say that they were shocked was an understatement.

"Well, we hope you can meet up to our expectations" she said thinking she got me.

"Oh, trust me I would and would probably surpass it" I countered back.

She looked surprised at me and we maintained eye contact before Chloe I think she's the goalie, cleared her throat.

"As much as we love the chemistry between both of you, I'm starving and I really need food".

"Pfft, as if. There is no chemistry and can never be" Lex said.

I didn't know when I looked up so fast that I thought I would have a whiplash.

I know I'm not supposed to feel hurt or anything because we aren't dating, hell we weren't even friends, so why does it hurt.

I felt so heartbroken and I knew if I don't leave there, I would burst into tears.

"Uhmmm, I have to go. I would see you guys tomorrow" I said as I stood up.

I didn't even let them reply before I left.

Lex POV

"Really Lex. Why would you say such a thing"? Chloe asked.

I didn't even know why I said that because trust me I felt so broken and sad when I saw the look on her face after I said that.

"Wow, way to go best friend. Applause for you in ruining the chance you had with her" Tiff said mockingly.

"I'm sorry guys. I didn't mean to sound that way".

"Of course you didn't mean to. But clearly to her you meant it" Bronze said.

"What do I do now?" I asked almost close to tears for causing her pain.

"Well you have to apologize to her before tomorrow" Joy said.

"I know but how? I don't know where she stays, her number, her twitter handle, her..." I started rambling.

"Lee, stop. You are rambling" Tiff said.

"Don't worry, we have her address. We can take you there once you are ready" Chloe said.

"How did you... You know what, what are we waiting for? Let's go please" I said hurrying towards the car.

They came outside and we all piled in down to go her house that wasn't far from the café.

We got there 15 mins after and I was super nervous because I didn't know what to say to her.

I felt a squeeze on my thigh that sorta calmed me down.

"Just take a deep breath, you will be fine, ok? Stop over thinking too much" Tiff said.

"We would wait for you outside. Just apologize but if you both are planning on staying longer, let us know" Joy stated while the others laughed.

I just shook my head at them but it brought a little smile on my face.

When I got to the door, I think I had taken close to 30 deep breaths before I knocked.

"I'm coming" I heard a little voice in the house coming towards the door.

The door opened and I saw her standing right in front of me looking super cute although she was in just a simple short and top with "Love is Love" written on it.

"Hi. Not that I'm not pleased with your presence, but what do you want?" she asked.

"I....uhmm.I j....just came to t...talk" I stuttered.

She looked at me for a very long time before she opened the door wide for me to come in.

Another update for you guys. Please don't forget to vote and comment.