⋆ EIGHT ⋆

9th November 2019

A light breeze ran through the air, pushing Maisies hair into her face. She raised her hand and pushed it behind her ear, sighing as she pulled the blanket around her shoulder closer to her body.

"Well," Ray spoke up, a small bottle of wine in her hand, "tonight really went to shit" a laugh left Maisie as she nodded.

"At least you took advantage of the mini bar" Maisie looked to the table between them, mini bottles littered across it, ones that Ray had stollen from their hotel rooms mini fridge.

"I'm not paying, so who cares" she had said, raising the bottle to her lips.

There was no doubt that she was plastered, she'd had a drink in her hand at every point in the night. Mostly to calm her nerves.

Maisie didn't reply, only nodded as she looked back towards the skyline. Los Angeles at night was one of her favourite things.

It truly was the city of the night, whilst the sky was dark the lights of the city made it seem awake. The people were what made this place amazing, although half of them would lay you out to die without a second thought, when you found people that actually cared you had to keep them close.

Which is what happened when Maisie met Logan. Therefore, it broke her heart knowing that he was locked away in his room, having nobody to talk to except his own thoughts.

"We should be out right now getting pissed," Ray spoke again, looking through the neck of the bottle to see if any was left in the bottom.

"Yeah, well we need to be here for Logan"

"Why do we need to be here?" Ray raised an eyebrow, looking towards Maisie, leaning back in her chair. Her legs were pulled up to her chest, her arms wrapped around her knees, "In case Logan leaves his room? He won't"

Maisie had to agree, Logan would most likely not leave his room until tomorrow, so he wouldn't know if they were there or not.

"We just need to be here for him" Maisie told her with a sigh, looking over her shoulder as the balcony door slid open.

"Yeah, he's not coming out any time soon" Mike told them, closing the door after him before leaning against the railings, "Jake's trying to get his way in, but that'll just make it worse"

Ray nodded, putting her drink down whilst they sat in silence.

"We can still go out" She spoke up, leaning forward to look over the balcony at the people below.

"You guys should go, he won't notice" Mike told them before going back inside, rubbing his hands together to save him from the sudden coldness in the air.

"See, even Mike says we should go" Ray spoke again, causing Maisie to sigh loudly.

"Say it once more I dare you"

"We should go out" Ray challenged, laughing to herself as she stood up, pulling down her dress, "No, we are going out, come on" she grabbed Maisies hand, pulling her up and back into their room.

After quickly throwing off her blanket and grabbing their bags the two girls walked down to the elevator, ignoring Jakes excessive knocking on Logans hotel room door.

"He's such an arse" Ray mumbled, throwing up a middle finger at the blond boy as the lift doors closed.

"You're only just realising this?" Maisie laughed as the doors opened, letting them out into the hustle of the reception, "let me just leave an extra key down here, just in case" she eyed Ray, laughing lightly.

"You lose two keys and get a name for yourselves" she shrugged, following Maisie to reception, stabling herself against the counter as she spoke.

"Hi, i'm in room 308 can I leave a key here to collect later, thank you" Maisie smiled, sliding a key across to the smiling man, keeping one key to herself.

"Okay let's go, our night begins!" Ray raised her hands in the air, stumbling towards the door with Maisie trailing behind her.

"Maisie!" A voice called her, causing both girls to spin around, Ray cursing as she stopped.

"Mia" Maisie smiled, walking towards the tanned girl excepting her hug, she was seemingly a lot more drunk than she had been previously.

"This is Will, my boyfriend I told you about" she dragged a boy into Maisies eyeline. He was tall with a brown quiff, his jaw was prominent, sharp at the edges.

"Hi, i'm Maisie" she smiled looking between the two of them, not knowing what to say to the girl she had only met once.

He nodded, smiling brightly, his mouth opening to speak before a familiar tall man jumped onto his back, making them both topple forward.

"Lenney!" He shouted before looking forward, "Maisie, so you're coming, yeah?" Cal raised his eyebrows, he now wore black jeans and a white top, much better than his kilt.

"Coming where?" Ray questioned looking between the new people, clearly confused by how Maisie knew these people.

"Party" Cal spoke quickly, his eyes not leaving Ray's.

"Party, yes!" Ray cheered, "just what we were looking for, let's go" she pointed to the door, not noticing the few extra people that had joined them.

"Ray wait, it's the KSI after party we shouldn't-" Maisie tried to reason with her friend only receiving shouts in reply from Mia and Cal.

"Who cares, a party's a party, as long as i'm hammered it doesn't matter" Ray shrugged, causing a loud laugh to come from Cal.

"I like this one" he nodded, moving away from Will and towards Ray, his arm wrapping around her shoulder as they walked towards the doors.

Leaving Maisie to follow slowly with Mia, Will and the few other people she didn't know, including the two boys that had helped Niko earlier.

It was going to be a long night.

——————
Written: 9th January 2021
Published:19th January 2021
Long time no see but the writers block is real :,)