Chapter Seventeen: Tie me up

I can feel myself shaking as I lay on the OBGYN table. My belly is exposed, waiting for the ultrasound tech to come in. Johnny is with me, the kids at home doing their summer school work. It worries me with how young they are, but Johnny says they are old enough to be alone. I guess they aren't really alone, his staff is there working. They do have their phones if they need us.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting." A sweet, young lady says as she comes in. Her long blonde hair is tied back in a tight bun, giving her a very 'I'm the boss' look. I give a soft gasp as she squirts cold gel onto my belly.

"Sorry, I should have warned you." She chuckles as she gets started.

"Are we hoping to find out the gender today?" She asks as she starts looking at the baby's heart.

"Yes, we are," Johnny says, holding my hand tightly. He is practically shaking with excitement.

"I take it you are dad?" She asks, taking pictures of the baby's heart.

"I am." He is beaming ear to ear. She goes through, looking at all the different parts of the baby. She points them all out, taking pictures of each. She even teases that the baby has Johnny's nose, making us both laugh.

"Alright, time for the big question. Boy or Girl?" She has to do some finagling because the baby has its back facing forward.

"You see that there." She says, pointing at the screen. Johnny flies from his seat, watching the screen closely. The baby is moving a little, but I know what that means.

"It's a boy." She says, earning a gasp from Johnny.

"A boy." He says almost breathlessly.

"It's a boy." He says as he turns to me. I just laugh, the ultra-sound tech laughing too.

"I take it someone wanted a boy." She laughs as she cleans me off.

"We both did honestly. What name did we decide on?" I ask as I cover my belly.

"Jasper I believe." Johnny purrs, thanking the ultra-sound tech as she leaves.

"Am I allowed to tell everyone?"

"I suppose you can, but not the name." I giggle as he helps me from the table. He has the pictures in hand.

"Can I show them the pictures?" He asks as we walk out.

"Yes, you can. But not the nose one, that one is my personal favorite." I purr, earning a smile.

"I'll be out in the car." He gives me a quick kiss before leaving. I set up my next appointment before joining him.

"So, Jasper what?" I ask as I take a seat.

"Middle names are not my forte." Johnny laughs as he back out.

"What about Earl?"

"That's not bad." He mutters, mostly focused on driving.

"I had another idea, but I'm a little nervous about it." That catches his attention.

"Bowie," I mutter, my cheeks darkening slightly. Johnny knows I love David Bowie and his music. My life goal is to meet him in person.

"Oh, Jasper Bowie Depp. I like that." He purrs, making me blush more.

"Really, or are you saying that to make me feel better?" He chuckles, giving me a quick look before speaking.

"I like it, it's a strong name." I smile and take his hand.

"I'm glad you like it."

"Jasper Bowie Depp." He mutters as his smile grows. The name seems to be growing on him. When we get home he calls his kids to the kitchen for a family meeting.