CHAPTER 21

"You don't find love; it finds you. It's a little to do with destiny, fate, and what's written in the stars," Anais Nin.

I can feel light touches from a hand as it caresses my face, and I instantly scrunch my nose at the cold intrusion. A deep voice lets out a low chuckle as I smile, recognizing the laugh that belongs to someone special.

"Phoebe, sweetheart, it's time to get up. We must return you to Rosa before she knows you have been gone all night.''

My eyes pop open as I realize I heard him say my former name but with a solid Romanian accent, and I'm shocked when I see that I am in a vast oak bed that looks like it was made in the 15th century with a Victorian Style Canopy attached. I move my head to the left, and I'm met with the most beautiful green eyes I can ever get used to seeing. I felt myself smiling and answering him before I could register anything else.

"Rosa will be just fine. Besides, I spent the night with my mate; why would she be upset?" I shrug my shoulders and lean against his chiseled chest, bathing in his scent. He wrapped his arms around my torso, pulling me closer, and I could feel the hardness of his shaft as he let it rest against my ass.

"Don't tempt me, mate. I can never tire of pumping you full of my seed, so if I were you, I would watch how you wiggle that beautiful ass on me." He licked my neck as he finished his last sentence causing me to whimper in pleasure.

Giggling, I flip over, ensuring his arms never leave my body. He pushed his arms under my ass, lifting me and placing me gently down on his hard shift. I reach up, running my fingers across his lips before I descend upon them, causing him to suck in his breath. He tasted like something out of my wildest dreams, and how his tongue danced in my mouth made me wetter with each stroke.

"Oh, this little wolf is ready to be played with," I say with a mischievous smile as I rock back and forth, leaning down to kiss the side of his neck. In my mind, I knew this was me...but not me. But nothing seemed to matter with his bulging penis poking me in the most private areas.

"Trust me, my lovely, perfect, deliciously sweet human mate. There is nothing little about what I am about to give you." He breathes out as his fingers slowly graze down my back, making me suck in a breath. Goddess, just touching his hands makes me wet and hungry with need.

Knock. Knock.

"This better be damn important, Gabriella."

I hear her whimper as she softly says, "Milord, it is. The Council members have arrived. They have been demanding you meet them within the hour."

I can immediately feel the tension in his arms as he pulls me off of him moving too quickly for my eyes to catch his movement. By the time I register, he is gone. He already has his clothes on. I knew why he was worried, but Phoebe didn't understand why. She understood that he was keeping secrets and that there would be trouble in their relationship. She or I, at the time, didn't understand who would be behind that trouble or why.

"Elias, what is wrong? I can see your wolf struggling to stay inside. Why are you so afraid of this council, and does it have anything to do with us?" As he returned to the bedside, I could see the uncertainty cloud his eyes. When he reached out to touch my cheek, I instantly nestled my head into his freakishly large hands that I loved so much. I couldn't tell whether or not he was uncertain of our relationship or, rather or not; he should say to me why he was bothered by the council's presence.

" Listen, my human love. Please do not concern yourself with these things. I assure you; you are safe with me, and my troubles should not be yours. How about we get you something to eat, and Gabriella can take you back to your cottage? It would be a great dishonor to me if Rosa were to forbid you from seeing me." He gave a slight chuckle with a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. He decided not to tell me the truth. Perhaps to spear me any anxiety his revelations might have triggered. But I was blissfully happy not knowing. It was much easier to pretend that things were fine and would work themselves out.